(Old) Lead Screw Upgrade Kit (OLD THREAD)

What’s VAT? And how’s it calculated? Doesn’t say.

Value Added Tax
In the UK I believe it is 20% of product value added to the total + a fee.

Yes 20% of the product value + 20% added to the postage cost as well, then the Royal Mail send a letter saying they are holding it, and charge another £10 ? I should have gone to the USA years ago

I didn’t realize VAT was that expensive. That… is ridiculous.

1 Like

We have 25%…but free health care for all.

Free is never free.

1 Like

Quick update. The water jet machine blew a high pressure pipe :exploding_head::triumph: last week and delayed my plates by a few days but if I get them on time I plan to ship on time to everyone who payed on time. Then I’ll be sending out all the follow up orders I got. :grin:

If there’s any extra kits, let me know. :wink:

1 Like

Things are moving along quite nicely.

2 Likes

damn, is your arm sore from holding the drill to tap all those holes?

1 Like

Do you sell kits for the X/Y axis only? Already got an upgrade kit for the Z-Axis from CNC4Newbie… Do you think that your kit will work with some beefy NEMA 23 motors like these ones https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/hybrid-stepper-motor/nema-23-bipolar-3nm-425ozin-35a-57x57x114mm-4-wires-cnc-stepper-motor-23hs45-3504s.html ?

1 Like

Oh i thought those were pizza boxs. :+1:

the 2mm taps were done by hand. 250 sets of plates. Did a portion over the last 2 days, so i tap clean and pack each one by hand to check its all there as i go. i got 50 sets done so far. My estimation of 25 a day was a little overzealous but close.

If its the same footprint as the stock 23’s then yes. But keep extra nutblocks on hand as they may get worn out quicker then normal. The nutblocks can be adjusted and readjusted but once you hit the point of needing the adjustments you are not too far away from needing replacements.
Edit: Seems like it may be ill have to check my diagrams.

Awesome, thanks! What does the kit includes exactly btw? Do kits always include the Z-Axis upgrade or is there an option to purchase a kit only for the X/Y axis? Waiting for the next batch!

As of now im not doing another batch, ill be doing individual orders and just keep small stock of kits as needed.
I dont sell the z axis anymore as my confidence in it is currently lacking and CNC4Noobies one is on my hit list and looks fantastic.

Ha ok, that’s fine for me! Let me know when you’ll be ready to take individual orders then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking to place an order also. Just emailed you @Phantomm

1 Like

Where we I can put my name on the next list?

1 Like

Yep, already talked over PM, the kit is for the X/Y axis. I’ll make a post with pictures of my setup once I’m done with the upgrades (well… The first round of upgrades at least :slight_smile: )

2 Likes