Life beyond the X-carve

Yes please!

I would love the file also please

I would like it also

Just got a new toy for the big machine haha:):slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah man I love CNCrouterparts Z axis, looks like you almost got full kit from them now ! is that their prebuild spindle kit to?

Yup yup just installed it yesterday I got there plug and play box and everything went together great and easy I am running some tests no at a conservative 350ipm

jezzz 350ipm I can dream only … I’m in process of running lithography job with 4900 holes I’m up to 8 hours cut and probably 2 more to go but I can’t break 100ipm for that on belts :frowning: I think next year will be year of pinions for me but I seriously doubt I can ever see myself dropping 1600$ on spindle :frowning:

yeah on this machine I have run as high as 800 ipm while cutting but I rapid it at around 1200ipm

yeah on the x-carve I could not get beyond about 150 ipm

and yeah its expensive but I just got tired of a low horsepower router and really to use the tool properly you need to accurately regulate the rpm of the spindle and have the rated hp through the full rpm range

2 Likes

Just finished running a test on 12mm pre-finished baltic birch

I used a 3/8" compression spiral at 450 ipm 80ipm straight plunge chipload .012" 18500 rpm

cycle time was 21 sec total

came out perfect right off the machine no sanding required and I think I can go faster now it didnt even phase it lol

2 Likes

I’m good for a couple of minutes worth. So don’t make it to short lol.

alright lol I will make a video give me just a little bit to setup the machine again

1 Like

Hi Allan

I would REALLY appreciate gettng a copy of the V-Carve files for that rocking chair. I got a 2 year old grendson too !

cheers

Derrick

Could I please get a download of the rocking chair plans?
Thanks!

Does this run on 110 or 220? Is it single phase? I’ve been looking in to these recently as the next step in CNC and I was wondering if it would be suitable for a modest garage shop.

it runs 220v single phase only if you buy the spindle otherwise its all 110v but they are designed wit the garage in mind

Awesome, that’s great to hear. Do you mind me asking how much you’ve got in it?

I would love to have this project file if possible Allen.

When I get back in town I will send you a copy.

Thank you Allen. My email address is busterbrown@suddenlink.net.

Puzzle Chair Layout2A.crv (12.5 KB)
Puzzle Chair Layout1A.crv (28 KB)

Hi for those who want the child rocking chair. This is the V carve file.

grtz Koen

3 Likes