MDF and Small letters

Plunge Depth .015 Step over 34% feed 50 plunge 20,

.015 DOC? That’s why. With a 1/8" bit, you can easily push 0.05" if not 0.06"

1 Like

Thanks for the info I will make that change for future cuts.

DSC02569

Finished customer loved it.

8 Likes

That really turned out great. good job

Turned out great!

Ya that .15 is probably the cause. A good rule of thumb is DOC= 1/2 diameter of you bit.

Turned out great. Good job
Sorry @BobJewell. I don’t know how I tagged you there. I can’t seem to undo it.

A great looking sign.
But I’m wondering what that little cut is under the “A” in AMERICAN??

That was where I blew a breaker and lost power I used last known and it went haywire. Told the customer it was part of the design he liked it so. And for $50 he wasn’t unhappy.

I am in the process of setting up my Triquetra with the new easel fix so this problem will not happen again hopefully anyway.

@MichaelLaviolette Do you have homing switches? If so, you don’t need to probe in after power outage situation if you commit your work zero to the controllers permanent memory. Just home and start the carve.

If you use the Triquetra, you will be able to recover spot on every time.
I have done it numerous times.

The problem is whether or not Easel uses G54, etc when setting X and Y. I know it does it on Z but I never investigated the commands to set X and Y.

For some reason my Homing switches are not working. Trying to trouble shoot right now. Also running the new Triquetra for Easel doesn’t work either for me. Runs script but the spindle doesn’t work. Thinking wiring in controller, have checked all external wires all where they belong.

No ha . I was going to reply to your previous post about " never trusting a fart" lol . I was going to say , its all shits and giggles until someone giggles and farts

3 Likes