Monster Carve

To cold for garage work so I did some upgrades in house today.

My take on stiffening mod. I messed up some holes but it does not appear to effect anything except visuals.

Since I’m using full size wheels I had to trim T shape at 45 degrees in order to fit them.
I also had few sections of 1/8 by 1 inch home depot stock lying around so I used them on sides. That saved me trouble of having to cut furniture bolts.

I also replaced iders and pulleys to 9mm and working on figuring out some temporary belt clips before I can use machine to make replacement
Something worth noticing, 9mm idlers have much taller colar on the side and it is forcing idlers to ride on flat surface of the extrusion. This will make 9mm incompatible with 30min stiffening mod.

Other day I did small prototype of something I call reactive armor. The idea is to use 12x12 MDF squares with nylon blots to be used as main layer for waste board. Between them I adding U shape sections for hold downs. I hope that will allow me to just make replacement “armor plates” ononster Carve as I need them. Down side is I got to make 36 of them with 4 nylon nuts and bolts on each.