My attempt, the first of many, of a dust shoe

The Bracket.
Bracket

The Viewing window
Window

The Body
Body

The dark spots on the wondow part seems to be residue from the paper? it rubs off easily.

Thats all i got so far. Ran out of time playing around building this…

and this…

Will post more when I get done.

Cheers

2 Likes

your project files are not shared publicly so they will not open. would like to see them very interested.

How do I fix that. I’d like to share them.

Open file in Easel and click on the menu “file” then at the bottom click on “Share”, a dialogue box will open and then click on share with a link. then use that link to reference the file.

Edit: they are working now.

What kind of bit did you use ?

I used the 1/4" bit that came with the kit, on the window. I used the 1/8" bit on the side bracket. I think I went too aggressive on the depth per Pass.

Did a bit more tonight.

2 Likes

All look perfectly nice and clean, good work. Just want to remind you something which you will have problem with.
I am the one of the first dust collecting shoe designer for X-Carve. In very short period of time, we all realized that, if Shoe attached to router, Z accuracy is changing badly when bristle hits the work surface. At least Original Acme screw type up and down moving mechanism with V-Wheels. That’s why most of us switched to stationary attached height adjustable shoe.
Best example for that is Suck-It dust shoe. You may consider before too late.

1 Like

Here is good discussion for this if you want to follow all the way thru.

Thanks for the kind words and the caution. I really appreciate it. I will do a lot more digging up into the post. I don’t mind redoing and re-engineering. This is a wonderful tool and in the middle of this I find myself carving all sorts of this and that. And in the experimenting I’m learning and having fun.

1 Like

Any pics of the finished product?

This is what I’m using now. I haven’t taken any photos of the cyclone filter but I can say it’s a must have.

For the volume I’m doing. This works fine and didn’t cost a whole lot.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting them!

I will post some more of the shoe and its magnets.