My first project

Made a simple sign for mothers day using easel. Clothes pins are glued on to hold pictures!

9 Likes

Wow that looks great. I assume the top image is post sanding. Did you use the x-carve for the chamfer around the edge, or just a router?

Thanks! I used a Dewalt Trim router to chamfer the edge, the same dewalt I look forward to installing on the x-carve. Yes the top picture was before paint, after the letters were painted I ran it through the planer and removed a 1/32 from the top to remove any excess or out of lines paint.

1 Like

Dang, I hope my first project comes out looking that nice! Well done!

Wow looks really great. Also great idea to use a planer to remove excess paint!

I’m going to tack on to this post and see if we can open it up a bit… Lets all post our first projects to this thread!

My first project is a box for the controller electronics. Starting with this: http://www.popularwoodworking.com/projects/cnc-spring-joint-box

• I drew up my own vectors in Adobe Illustrator and made a template I can change easily in the future.
  • The next step was to save the vectors to a SVG file and import them into Easel.
  • In Easel I broke the vectors up into 2 projects, one for slotting and one for cut throughs
  • When it was all ready I clicked the carve button and… (see video and pics below)

https://instagram.com/p/25wBVOipSl

7 Likes

WOW ! Your First Project looks just terrific! I love that box! Now you must Name her.

2 Likes

This just became my next project!

1 Like

I’ll post it as a project soonish and let you know when it is up there.

Mine is called trogdor the cutinator

3 Likes

Great name!

A name for mine has yet to come to me.

If you’d like to give it a go @TravisLucia or @DonDespain, here is a link to the project.

Let me know if it goes well or if there are any changes you’d make.

3 Likes

Looks nice! I may need to make something like this for my controller as well.

It would be an interesting add on if one could line the interior walls of the box with some sort of fine fbric or screen that will breathe freely and yet filter out some of the dust that is inherent with a cnc machine.

1 Like

Just added this to my list of things i have to make. thanks for the project.

1 Like

I was thinking this same thing for at least the fan intake holes which should be relatively easy to do.

An open cell foam like this would work well. Used in computers often. Washable.

http://www.amazon.com/Computer-Air-Filter-Polyurethane-Protects/dp/B000FJU8BC

2 Likes

Here is a quick peek at my first paid project - custom ceiling tiles. This is just straight MDF, but plan on priming and painting. Thirteen more to go!

7 Likes

Add me to the “I need to make one” list! Already have the projects copied over to my Easel, just need to get some material to cut. Thank you for this!

errrr…does mine have to be named Jeremy’s X-Carve, or can I personalize it? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

WHew!

Talk about a niche market!

Nice work/idea!

1 Like

Heh, hopefully the ones that I shared out are the ones I set up for public use, without “Jeremy’s X-Carve” on them. :smile:

1 Like