Need Help with a "sign"

I have a request for a friends wedding. They want a style like MR&MRS on top of their last name, but the letters are cutout and connected as one piece. So it’s not a sign per se, but the letters are cut-out from the wood, but still connected from parts of the edge of the serif font. And because she is needy, they then want it to fit like a jigsaw. Is this even possible?

Have you thought about just doing the stacked text. This is very easy in Easel.

Can you give us a better idea of how it is to be laid out? I have an idea of what you are talking about, but I just want to make sure before I do any work on it. Maybe a hand-drawn image?

{:0)

Brandon Parker

Yes. What do you have so far?

but the last name is Schwisow…

This should help, same principles

Something like this?

2 Likes

I think the OP also wants puzzle piece cuts between the letters (or words) so that they come apart like a puzzle as well … At least that how I understood it. If you share that file, I can update it to add that.

Brandon Parker

1 Like

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! That’s what i am looking for. And then somehow making it a jigsaw puzzle as well. The point of it is that each guest will sign a piece, and when it is all together, it will show the above picture.

1 Like

@BrandonR_Parker
If each guest is going to sign a piece that will be a lot of little pieces.
They might have to rethink the puzzle pieces

EDIT: If they use the Justice of the Peace and 2 witnesses then 3 pieces will be good :flushed: :grinning: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Awesome…looks like everything is good to go then …

Brandon Parker

1 Like

Thank you all, i will attempt the cut tonight. very special thanks to Mr. Crawford, it is extremely appreciated!!

1 Like

Why not a inlay ?