New and need some help, please

I am looking to see if someone can get me on the right track here. How do I get things to merge(term?) and be able to cut around the combined objects? In this case I have created text that I would like to set on an object(lets say a line?) and cut out around the out side of the line and text.This would anchor the text to the object(line).

I apologize if I missed something right in front of me or if this is not the place to ask this.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Dave

This is the right place to ask, but I am not sure your question is very clear. Could you explain in more detail how you wish to merge the cuts?

1 Like

Yes you can:

• Set text to full depth and Fill
  • Do the same for the other design(s)
  • Make sure each object (text, design etc) make “physical contact”
  • Select the objects you want to connect and select Combine, this will join any intersecting objects into one new object :slight_smile:
2 Likes

this will help you

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply and ALL the information. I was, with your info., able to achieve the results I was after. I am not 100% sure how/what all I did, but I got it. The key will be seeing if I can remember and repeat it. Sorry for the delay in the ‘thank you’.
Much appreciated.
D.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. I was able to make some of it work. With the help from SteveM and you, I got what I was needing. As I mentioned to Steve, the trick will be seeing if I can remember everything.
Thank you again.
D.

1 Like

Glad to see I was/am in the right place. With some help, I got what I was after. My apologize for not being so clear up front.
Thank you.
D.

1 Like