New Calendar for the New Year!

2nd that.

yes, I didn’t create the calendar so I would be more than happy to share it Do you guys want it in SVG format?

1 Like

I had issues with pausing easel a few days ago though. I tried to pause a multi hour carve and when I came back easel was asking how it turned out. I then couldn’t continue with the project. Does anyone have any info or experience with this?

I have had issues with Easel and UGS on large projects. I used PicSender for the Aztec Calendar and it worked great… I didn’t see a pause option on that so I had to run it 8 hours straight.

yes please :blush:

That works.

Tried to upload it here but it wouldn’t work. Send me an email at mike@merzkecustomwoodworking.com if you’d like a copy.

Oh yah. If you change the extension from .svg to .txt it will work. THen when we download it, we change it back.

1 Like

I will try that when I get home from work this evening!

So I couldn’t get the extension changed to TXT so if you would like the SVG then send me an email at mike@merzkecustomwoodworking.com and I will send it to you.

While I can’t claim it’s the same, there is a large SVG that looks the same at wikimedia.

Why not gold leaf it!?

Thanks for the inspiration and sharing the file Mike! Here’s mine out of Padauk, with a coat or tung oil.

BTW, I’m carving on a Shapeoko 3 XXL, but hey… We’re all friends here, right? :wink:

2 Likes

That turned out amazing and I love the look of the Padauk! I don’t think care what tool you use (unless you sell CNC machines) and I recently upgraded my CNC from the X-Carve to the Garageworx CNC 4x4!

1 Like

Whoa! That thing’s crazy!. Love the orange and that the surface is above the Y axis.

What shop doesn’t need a little safety orange. Dave Gatton over at www.garageworxcnc.com did an amazing job designing this beast. The lead screws make it super accurate and the extra cutting area on this thing gives me more options. I really liked my X-Carve and I think it is a great CNC but I just needed a bit more in my shop.

Is the pendant you have part of the garageworx setup, or is that something you put on yourself?

BTW, I noticed mine carved differently than yours. Looking at some of the areas about mid-way in from the edge, I got some deep grooves that I don’t see on yours.

I did end up using a different SVG, wondering if that’s what it was or some of my settings?

No it was a Mach3 addition I ordered from Amazon.

The pendent looks very nice, I am just using an old Xbox controller and may need to upgrade!