New sharpie holder

Just let me know when you test both, because without 3d printer. I’d def buy off someone I’d trust. Be pretty cool to draw stuff.

1 Like

Neat design. very cool

1 Like

any chance those are the same threads for the suck it mount too? I need to upgrade the originals.

SuckIt mounts are not metric (at least mine aren’t).

I wanna say they use #4 or #6.

I have simpler solution without 3D printing

4 Likes

That is awesome!

Do you already have that STL posted on your site yet?
Do you ever sleep? :smile:

BTW, the Laser mount,I had already printed Version 3 before 4 (and now 5!), is working great!

2 Likes

When you have a 3D printer, this is what you do!
Hint, Hint, Wink, Wink @PhilJohnson

2 Likes

Here are some laser mounts I made with orange PLA
Orange enough?! :stuck_out_tongue:
laser mounts
lasermount2

2 Likes

No, sorry - I wasn’t meaning I had printed it, just that since I have already printed Version 3 your v4 and v5 have already come out! I can’t keep up! :smile:
Version 3 is working fine, but I might print v5 just for the heck of it.

2 Likes

You got me there! Just my history with plastic…

1 Like

i would be interested in a holder if you are going to sell them Phil.

1 Like

no problem. just let me know.

PM me your print settings, I may be able to help with stringing…the key is the retraction settings…since you have a bowden setup retraction usually needs to be longer.

1 Like

Great! Now I have to buy a 3D printer

2 Likes

Thanks for the pen holder design Phil! I’ll print the sharpie holder as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this is TLDR but it helps me a lot in terms of figuring out how to minimize stringing and blobs in my prints

2 Likes

Am interested in getting one once you are ready to sell. This looks sharp(ie)!

2 Likes

My retraction is probably different since my bowden tube is crazy long on my big beast of a printer…I actually get better results with 30mm/s for retraction speed. What slicer are you using? does it have a setting for coast and wipe? Coasting stops extruding the last tiny bit of a movement and wipe makes the extruder actually do a little stutter step to help reduce/eliminate stringing…

That is a crazy long retraction…if you start having print quality issues it is likely caused by pulling hot filament into the cold portion of the hotend and causing partial jams…

that is an older version of the slicer (I assume the one that was provided with the printer)…time to upgrade (it is free)…you will have more control over your settings.

increasing non-printing movement speed can also reduce stringing.

It depends on the extruder setup and how efficient it is…16 is ridiculous, 8 is probably too long…my bowden tube is much longer and if I use 8mm it will cause a jam. But, use what works for you.

1 Like