New Triquetra Tool Box Software coming soon

My initial thought process was to just throw this together quickly and put it out there. However as anyone who writes programing code will tell you, there is no such thing as throwing code together, not if you want it to work anyway.

I have been working on this little venture with all the spare time I can muster. It has been almost two months now. Through Beta testing I have discovered problem areas which have been resolved and I think I am down to just one. That is code signing. You know those pesky warnings that Microsoft gives you when you install a program, those about “This type of file can harm your computer”? The only way I have found so far to get rid of it is to pay a ransom. Code signing certificates are any where from $150 - $400 and only last for a year. All they do is prove that you are who you say you are, or that you have fooled them in to thinking so anyway.

When I release the program, anyone can download it for free and register it as a trial version. It will be limited in functionality but you will at least be able to see what it looks and feels like and then decide if you want the full version. In the trial version you won’t be able to create the auto zeroing g-code but everything else such as stepper calibration, Parts Book, Recipe Book, Contact List and fine tuning will work normally.

With all that said, I believe that I can offer this to current owners of the Triquetra for a very small upgrade fee. I haven’t decided on just what that is as of yet but I can assure you that it won’t break the bank and will be worth it. I have added several options since the video. Some of which should have already been there and others are requests from Beta Testers.

Speaking of Beta Testers, if you would like to get in you will get the program for free if you are a current Triquetra Owner. If you want in just send me a private msg here or email me at charleyntexas@gmail.com. I will send you the necessary info and upgrade your account so you can access the download page on my web site.

I know I haven’t given you a specific answer to your question about cost but that is only because I really don’t have one at this time other than to say that I can assure you it will be very affordable. Evan to the point that you’d be silly not to give it a shot.

Thanks for your inquiry,

Charley Thomas
Triquetra-CNC

Charley with the new release the change folder location is great but is it possible to retain that folder location after it is set and not have to find that folder again. Else maybe its better to have the way you had it.

Thanks

I am sure that I can accommodate that easy enough. I even thought about that after I uploaded the current version. I was more focused on making sure it worked correctly. Once again the great minds thing is coming into view!!

Charley, Sorry but one more thing in the standard Gcode screen it might clean the interface if the Update Measurements would be in a different location like below the example measurements box and put the Generate 3 Axis code and Generate Z axis only buttons next to each other like they are above the example box. You really only use the Update measurements on some block measurement change.

No need to be sorry. That is the reason for having other people give their opinions. I want to make this as good as I possibly can so users can get the most out of it.

So I believe we can safely say that the Triquetra Tool Box and Touch Plate are 100% compatible with the new X-Controller with version 1c installed correct?

Correct :grinning: Have used the latest version 6-10 times and works perfect.

The auto update works great. Like the new placement of buttons much cleaner look. But the folder option maybe should go back to the way it was if you can’t get to stay on last folder location.

I have not tackled the folder saving option yet. That will be a project for tomorrow. I’m going cross-eyed now. I added a third download to the Beta Test Page. It is a non auto updating version. Another tester is having trouble installing the updates. He is using windows XP so that may be the issue. I think he will be ok with the non self updating version though.

Thanks for all your great input. We are getting closer and closer thanks to the Beta Testers.

Charley

If the Mach 3/4 users are having no problems with the new beta version I think you might be ready to rock and roll.

Unfortunately I haven’t heard from any of them that have a running machine. I do have one that has been extremely helpful but he is still working on assembly. I am certain that he will be all over it when he gets his machine up and running though. For now I just need to iron out a couple of installer issues and then it should be ready. Thank you very much for all of your input. It has been invaluable!!!

Charley
Triquetra CNC

Working hard on it Robert. No one wants to get it released more than I but I want to make sure that is as close to perfect as I can make it.

This thing is great. I am rebuilding some 1905 vintage drawers and yes I could use a router and set up my fence and set up my fence again for a different cut, but why? I draw all cuts in vcarve and use this great little invention and my 0,0,0 is accurate and each drawer is is same. Go Charley. Love the new tool box software.

You gotta love a success story. I’m still working on the software. The latest beta version seems to be very stable. I want to rework the database and make it self contained to simplify installation and improve on the update ability but aside from that it is basically done. All the functionality I wanted to put in is working as it should. That is until someone comes up with another suggestion. I would like to see it grow and grow. A something for everyone kinda thing.

Charley

Any update from your Mach3 users?

Not yet. Just had one come on board today though. I suppose no news is good news as it were.

What happened to the video?

I have been filling order after order for the last 2 months. In between making touch plates and filling orders I have been re-writing the software from the ground up. Not that it is done, I have been working on the tutorial videos. I just finished those today and now I will begin working on an overview video after I finish repairing the shop. We had some massive wind here in north Texas recently and it just about blew one wall down. Starting on the project tomorrow. Hopefully I can multitask and have the CNC grinding out touch plates while I work on the building. No rest for the weary.!!

1 Like

Sorry to here about your shop. Hope everyone is ok and that it is not too difficult of a repair. Your product looks very well made and thought out. I’m just getting started with CNCing. I just purchased an x-carve and am waiting for it to arrive.
Excited to get started. I will be waiting to see your completed software.

Dottry,

Charley has the best customer service and the best product on either side of the Mississippi, or anywhere else for that matter.
1 Like