[NOW LIVE] [new feature] G-code sending through easel

@Shumba, @GlenQuerengesser, @KunalSaboo, @JoeSleeman, @CarlLopez, @AntonioSantiago, @Petesworld, @TomLodder, @LuisitoPasiculan1, @Millerama, @Gernot, @TroyFlinchbaugh, @StuCrippen, @PerMarklund—you now have access to the g-code sending feature!

thanks

Hi
Somebody help, I have been designing with fusion 360 a bit, I just tried to set the post processor configuration folder to easel.cps, but each time I try to pick the post process dialog under CAM it says “No Valid Toolpath” Im sure Im missing something can someone assist with the stages that I need to follow to accomplish this HUGE TASK! of setting the Easel post processor for Fusion 360.

I would like to get in on this…

I haven’t had a lot of time to read up. I didn’t even know this was available… Kept thinking this would be an awesome tool if we could implement it.

Count me in please :smile:

Thanks!

First go to Import → G-code

Then expand the instructions for V-Carve and click the download link:

1 Like

We haven’t tried (currently the only third-party tools that we have post-processors for are Fusion 360, MeshCAM, and V-Carve), but Easel’s g-code import documentation covers what commands Easel supports & requires, so if you’re willing to tinker you might be able to get CAMBAM to save g-code that Easel can use.

Thank you so much. I can’t wait to get in and give this a try.

Hi, anyone using or tried F-Carve yet?

sorry i meant F - Engrave

@rodovich any chance I can get in on this.

Been having a tough time with UGS but easel works perfectly. This may be the answer to all of my problems :smile:

1 Like

I’m assuming you have made the tool paths? Can you simulate the tool paths?

I’m having no problem with using the easel cps file with Fusion 360. Did you install the easel cps file in My Cloud Posts?

Once you get it going, don’t forget to change the clamp offset to 0 under properties unless you want a 1" offset in both positive x and y directions from where you set your 0,0,0.

Jason

I would like to have access too!

I’d like to test this out please!

Can i have access please, kind sir?

Definitely would like to be in on this!

Thanks

Hi Jason
I think Im missing something.
I created tollbooths and can simulate as well, however when it comes to setting the configuration folder, I get lost.
If I get to the post process drop-down easel.cps does not show even though I downloaded it (f360-easel-a4d3a871d4dc8e15d4302f71594a9ad5-3.cps).

I struggled with this little with it at first. You have to put it in My Cloud Post from the Autodesk page. Here is the post I used to get it in the right spot.

If you have done this already, then I’m stumped.

Jason

@KalvinDaniels, @GrantBrewer, @KevinTahara, @Adminsmithee, @TimothyCottle—you now have access to the g-code sending feature!

That sounds interesting, but currently (and in our near-term plans) apps only operate in the “design” stage. We might consider letting apps hook into other stages at some point in the future.