[NOW LIVE] [new feature] G-code sending through easel

Would love to give this a test

I would like to try this feature. Please activate for my account. Thanks!

Thanks so much Jason I just got it right, Im busy smiling right now:grinning:: grinning:

@rodovich Could I get access please? Still waiting for motors to arrive to finish my build but I will be using Aspire. Thanks!

I use fusion 360 I would like to give this a try.
Thanks!

Loving the ease of Aspire but bcnc and UGS is nothing but confusing to me.
Loving that easel was simple and straight forward, but it doesnt do the designs i create in Aspire.
If this feature a permanent item Easel will be beyond the best program and Im excited to hopefully try out the feature :slight_smile:

Glad to hear you got it worked out. I’m loving this option using Fusion 360.

Jason

@Venessa, @DanielPotthast, @BradD, @DamonJohnHoxworth—you now have access to the g-code sending feature!

2 Likes

thanks heaps :slightly_smiling: quick question though - when i import the g-code is sits below the material… have i done something wrong?

What program are you using to create the g-code? I would say you have your z-zero set to the bottom of the stock instead of the top.

Jason

using aspire - you have solved my problem…

this is what was concerning me, but i have them all set to top, then i changed it and it puts it on the board.

Thank you - very much a newbie with all this stuff

1 Like

Cool, glad that worked. I’m a complete newb too, but I have learned a ton in the last few months from the great people on here.

Jason

i have been leaning on my dad too much as he is more tech savvy than me, but it might be wearing thin with the contant questions :stuck_out_tongue:
Definately didnt think it would as hard as it seems to be for us not knowing anything about software but all we can do is learn

I really struggled at first trying to use anything other than easel. I tried a few programs and found I really liked Fusion 360. I used to to some 2d cad 15-20 years ago and it seems easier to use to me. I’ve also designed a few things in Inkscape, but I struggle with that program. Of course it is more of an art drawing type program, and that is something I struggle with for sure. It has nothing to do with the program, it’s all me.

Json

Thanks!

I would like to test this out.

Thanks

Hi Jason and others who use F360 and easel.cps, if you design in F360 there a number of milling option, e.g. 2D Adaptive clearing, pocket, face contour etc, thee milling options may translate to different bits meaning that you may use one bit for adaptive clearing and a different one for 2D pocket, My question: is easel capable of handling these bit change instructions from F360?

No, Easel currently does not support bit change operations. You’d have to export it as two separate gcode files.

@Nikolai, @BrandonGetz—you now have access to the g-code sending feature!

Edit: @MasonKorkowski—you do, too.

Yes I would greatly enjoy testing this feature. I have been waiting for this release since I received my x-carve. I knew it would be here soon and now it is. Thank you inventables team for listening and responding to some of our requests.