[NOW LIVE] [new feature] G-code sending through easel

when I go to easel it doesn’t give me the option to import a g code under the file tab, what should I do? Can you help me? I’m truly a beginner at this whole cnc/g code thing!!! Thank you

@RaphaelPascual @StevePrior @EricDobroveanu

It’s a beta feature someone from Inventables will have to turn on for your account.

awesome… thank you… vcarve desktop is also saying this, is this something I need someone from Inventables to turn on as well? thank you sir.
http://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/projects/2012/grocery-list-plaque.html

sorry I didn’t mean to post that url… its telling me that the post processor doesn’t support the different toolchanging that is required for this project…

I would like to try this feature as well. I’ll be using MasterCAM and have been programming 3D tool paths to run on high end metal cutting machine tools for several years and would like to test the capabilities of this machine.

Please add me to test.

@paulkaplann can you please assist me on getting access to import g code in easel so I can do a trial project in vcarve desktop/pro. it is telling me that my post processor doesn’t support my toolchanging, thank you

@paulkaplan

@WallaceMarcus @KennethConnell @DavidYoung You guys are in!

I want to try this! I am really disliking universal gcode sender and this will work perfect for the Vetrics Desktop I picked up a few months ago. Please let me try this feature if it is not already universal!

Thank you so much!

@PWAC Welcome!

While I understand that this feature will probably change for a better workflow, in the meantime it is functional and a lot of people seem to want access to it, so maybe Inventables should make it public for now and not have to worry about authorizing each user for it.

Don’t worry, we’re close to getting this thing out for the public :grinning:

@EricDobroveanu Ok so now I have a crazy question…after I’ve downloaded and saved the post processor, how do I use that to get my project from vcarve to easel? I’m totally clueless, I feel like I’m not doing something right…

BTW, quick tip I picked up about a week ago. In Fusion 360 click on your name in the upper right corner and select preferences, then under General → CAM click the “enable cloud libraries” box, then restart.

Then you can go to the Autodesk 360 website (https://360.autodesk.com/#/Item/Items) and upload the post processor to the CAMPosts folder there. This will mean you can access the Easel post directly from the cloud instead of finding the directory on your machine to put it, and if you use multiple machines or reinstall a machine you don’t need to think about it.

Once you set up your setup and toolpaths you right click on your setup and select “Post Process”, in the Configuration Folder select “My Cloud Posts” and the configuration is f360-easel.cps. Then pick your output folder and anything else you want to change, then click on the Post button at the bottom and you’ll have the .nc to load into Easel.

3 Likes

@StevePrior I figured it out without using the post processor…I saved all of the toolpaths individually and then once I got into easel I just imported them separately with the “import g code” and my project turned out perfect(which i’m sure is the long version but as a beginner it was simple enough for me)…At first I was hoping for the best but preparing for the worst…But overall, the vcarve desktop trial has totally worked for what I was hoping for using the v bit and doing a complex project that would’ve normally took easel 8 hours to do and with the vcarve it only took maybe 15 mins…

i use solidworks for 3d printing. just getting familiar with fusion360. would love to import 360 files via easel. how can i get access?

@PeterBotelho1 By showing your pretty face in this thread! You’re in!