[NOW LIVE] [new feature] G-code sending through easel

I would like to try this as well. May I please be added? Thank you.

Any chance you have space for 1 more? :smile:

@ScottW, @DerekDouglas—you now have access to the g-code sending feature.

anyone else having trouble with feedrates? I exported two files from aspire and one of them came out fine and the other one the feedrate was supposed to be 40 but it was put at 300, exported again and it was put at 600. plunge speed was also affected.

could just be an aspire bug

I’ve been using this successfully for a while now both with importing MeshCam gcode and reimporting Easel gcode exports.

I noticed today that if you export gcode from Easel the final command is a G4 (pause) command requesting a 1/10th of a second. If you try to reimport this gcode it chokes on this line as “it’s not supported”.

Not sure if this is a bug in gcode export or a shortcoming of the import.

Cheers

Ian

Might be missing something but I don’t have a import g-code option under file in easel.

Hi Ian,

You are correct that the G4 command is not passing Easel’s own validation on imported g-code. We’ll look into correcting that.

Could you explain a bit more about your workflow? Specifically, why are you reimporting g-code that you export from Easel back into Easel?

Jeff

1 Like

George,

If you get Fusion 360 to import into easel, would you please post how you did it.
I have been trying to do it and it doesn’t work for me. Inventables told me to use
the easel CPS file in fusion 360 post list, but it does not exist.
Darrell Smith

HI! My Carvey is here – Can I get access to the G-Code import? Looking for drive it with Fusion 360…

Bruce Mueller

Hi @DarrellL_Smith & @BruceMueller: you guys have access.

Hi @DarrellL_Smith,

The post processor is linked to from Easel when you click “Import G-code.” Here is a screenshot:

Have you tried that?

Jeff

Thanks Paul, especially for the saving option in easel. The easel F360 works well for me so far!

I requested this yesterday but still don’t see the gcode import feature under the file tab. Did I miss something?

@JeffTalbot

I create designs in Easel, export them, modify the code (Z movements changed to “spindle” on/offs), reimported then sent to the X-Carve with J-Tech laser fitted (and piggybacking on PWM signal) and spindle to “Off” for laser etching/cutting etc.

The gcode import saves me having to fire up ChiliPeppr or UGS to send laser jobs.

Cheers

Ian

I’d like to try this with Meshcam.

Oops, @DerekDouglas & @ScottW, it looks like Jim accidentally gave you guys access to the detail carving feature instead of g-code sending. I’ve fixed that, so now you have access to both. Btw, G-code import is not under the “File” menu anymore. It is located in the toolbar:

Also–we’re working on making early access features self-service so that the process can be more automated in the future.

Edit: actually g-code import is still under the File menu, but is also in the toolbar…

I would like to try this feature please!

360 user here would like to try this on my new xcarve

I use F360 and F-Engrave, can I try the g-code sender?