[NOW LIVE] [new feature] G-code sending through easel

@BrianDuhan the feature will allow importing g-code from any tool that follows the format including Fusion 360. I just added you so you’re good to go. Check the file menu.

@MartinDevonport What error does it give you?

Would like to try this also, thanks.

hi the post p file isn’t in the list after I included it. but I have just imported the photo vcarve .pvc file into vcarve desktop and saved the toolpaths with the easel postp and easel loaded it straight up.

@DavidYerkes you’re in.

@MartinDevonport hmmm that is confusing. I think that might be a question you should email to vectric support. Maybe photo vcarve has some special requirements we don’t know about or they have to do something on their end to make it work?

I would like to try this with Aspire please! Thanks in advance!

Me too please! (Fusion 360)
Thanks!!

@Tarry_Brindle and @DavidCarlile you’re good to go enjoy. Post what you make!

1 Like

I too would like to get in on trying this out! Thanks!

@ChrisRader give it a whirl

Anyone else has a success or failure with this?

Selecting where the zero point is , to me, very important. Sometimes the corner works and sometimes the center, it depends on the design.
I am working on a few projects that require the center zero as all dimensions are taken from center.
I do not think it should it should be arbitrarily set to the corner or center.

Daniel have you set it on the center and imported it to see how Easel handles it?

Easel has now become my code sender of choice. Here’s my mic drop. I carved 8 signs in the time it takes to do 4 with UGS. Thank you! Thank you! Can’t wait for the V-Carve feature to be built in and can do almost everything in Easel.

3 Likes

I’m running Fusion 360 and UGS, would love to be able to try this.

@DanielRoche refresh and try

@Zach_Kaplan, looks like it’s there, thanks!

I’ll be trying my first cut with it tomorrow, I have a set of Christmas signs I will be cutting out on the X-Carve before lasering on the details. :smile:

I would like to try this please. Got some gcode for an xmas present that I was going to do today.

I’d like access too. Hoping to get out and get something done over the holiday with these warmer temps.