(Old) Lead Screw Upgrade Kit (OLD THREAD)

I’m still in middle of upgrades for the wasteboard and spindle. So I’m hoping to take some suggestions to see how hard to push it.
For me so far it eliminated the belt walk aluminum took it on.

Just posted this on the private forum:
Got everything squared up and deciided to ring her out a little. Surfaced an MDF board using a 1.25" bit, .25 doc, and 100 IPA feed rate. It looked like a sand storm inside my dust shoe. I’m using the 269oz motors and the machine didn’t even chug. I don’t believe my belts would have worked this well.

Still a waste of material. But a good test medium since mdf is very consistent across Home Depot or other suppliers.

1 Like

It was not the waste board. I had a crap project that was screaming to be cleaned off.

1 Like

I have a DIY CNC which use much the same hardware (ACME rods and Nema23 140/269oz)

I would be very interested in hearing what kind of feed rates (max) and acceleration settings you guys achieve :slight_smile:

At the moment mine is set up with 3600mm/min for X/Y and 1500mm/min on Z, with acceleration set to 250 (X/Y) and 125 (Z) but I have not spent much time tweaking it.
X and Z-axis Nema23/269oz @2,6A
Y-axis dual Nema23/140oz @2,6A
TB6560 drivers set to 1/2step

Cory, is your Z carriage stock?

Yep. I’ve got the one piece rail and the stock carriage. I have a linear Z attached to that and the DeWalt 611.

@Phantomm are you planning a second batch later in the year?

Indeed I am. Once I get enough requests I will put it together. :grin:

1 Like

Good to hear. I still have stock Z, and imagine with the upgraded x/y it will put additional strain on the Z axis (v wheels in particular). Ill be paying close attention to how well those hold up, and also any flex the Z carriage has while cutting. Please keep us posted!

1 Like

Even tho I do plan on making a second batch I am waiting for feedback from the first batch to see if any corrections or adjustment will be needed.
The first official release was the 16th design iteration and the 5th prototype. However I prefer to see how it does. So far no issues with it reported except one defective plate which I promptly replaced. (No idea how I missed it even tho I personally checked and packed each of the 30 sets).

I am kinda excited waiting for the first full reviews to come out.

4 Likes

Just got set up and put on my linear Z, I will be posting more soon, let me know what y’all want to see and I’ll try it out!

just watch it

2 Likes

This is cnc4you.co.uk , a great source for OEM 1605 in Europe (i.e. low runout).

Btw, 1605 can run (16/8)^2=4 faster than Tr8*8 used here.

1 Like

Small update. Seems more people are still interested in this kit. Therefore i am going to now start over again with collecting orders and beginning the official second batch.

3 Likes

Are you going to offer the larger sized kit this round?

Not sure what you mean?

Nevermind, I’m thinking of the wrong thread… :slight_smile:

1 Like

When are you doing the second order?

I’m gathering orders first. Need to hit a minimum or it can be a bit too pricey.