Personalized 'Harley Davidson' Shield

One of those great projects where the customer says “Here’s an idea, what can you come up with?”

I think it all turned out pretty darn good:

Cut with 1/4", 1/8" and 1/16" downcut bits.

Masked with Oramask 813

Painted with Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch 2X rattlecans.

12 Likes

Nice!

How’d the Oramask cut? Any issues?

1 Like

The Oramask cut really nice, it’s heavier than painters tape, which I think makes all the difference in the world. It lifted on the profile cut, but out there it didn’t matter. I should look at the scrap to see if there was a reason that it lifted…I’ll have to get back to that.

looks great. i tried the mask once and it worked pretty good. i think it would have worked better with a down cut bit. i used an up cut bit and it did not cut the mask very good. yours looks great thought.

1 Like

Upcut bits tend to lift the mask a little. Make sure the surface is really flat and you run a roller over it before you cut.

1 Like

it seemed to stick good it just cut it thru the middle on the first pass and folded it over from there.

I used all downcut bits which worked great, but on the profile cutout it folded the mask over, I check it out last night and it just folded the mask over, pulling on the folded section it came away with a crisp edge.

That looks awesome!!! I bought some clear film with the shelf paper at Walmart to try on a project. Hope it turns out as good as your project!

1 Like

Hello Robert! Do you by chance still make these signs custom?! My best friend is getting married and she has been wanting a harley bar and shield with their name in it! This looks amazing!