Phil's 2.8w Jtech Laser Journey

Surely she doesn’t have more than one choice. :flushed:

Try it from a computer. You’ve got to see this person’s work.

Something I had in mind to try.

2 Likes

I just brought it up.

1 Like

Try just: www.oldcharms.com.
Works on my Win desktop and my iPad, and my phone.

Jerry became a good web friend, but sadly we never got to meet him in person. He had a lot of false starts and frustrations, but he never gave up on his goals and ideas. He had a truly pioneering spirit.

1 Like

the pictures frames are pretty neat

1 Like

Cant wait to see what you do with this Phil. it will be cool.

1 Like

I think pretty much like that, Phil, but Jeff handles all the sales and customers. I don’t do money. :grin: So it is all up to him as to the promotional offers and selling arrangements. I’m sure he will clarify if not correct.

1 Like

Remember that you can download a demo version of the programs and play with them to see which one you may prefer.

1 Like

What I’d like to know on the laser over 3d carving is how you get them lined up? Most lasers are offset from where the bit is, so how do you correct for that difference?

I’m writing up something that will address this nicely, however, I have commitments that will delay me about week.

Sweet! Any details on the dust collection setup in that image? Got my new linear Z installed and been working on mounting the Xcarve dust collector.

1 Like

Point or no point, both work.

I do remember something about that, but I just tested it here and it didn’t seem to make a difference.

I don’t know why I made the earlier comment.

There is a dependency to look out for. You have to set the spindle speed values ($30 and $31) before you can enable laser mode ($32).

1 Like

The more I think about this I believe this was an issue in version 0.9j for a different parameter.

1 Like

Phil you’ve sold me…ordering this tonight…will there be any issues with the cncnewbie upgraded z axis?

Phil, can you output this in .STL form? Looks like it might be two pieces.

What are the dimensions of a bounding box for the mount.

I might try to 3D print this.

thanks…
Larry

1 Like

@PhilJohnson

do you have the xcontroller on your x-carve or are you using the demon controller?

also what pc are you running and version of windows?

can you provide basic specs on your pc?

also has anyone else run into the issue of not having enough compute power to run the gcode required for raster engraving using UGS and the controller?

thanks

I have run into uses with the jtech and using older windows vista and windows 7 pc

all the x-carve does is stumble all over the place and the engraving never turn out good and I think its a limitation in the computer but I am not sure I am trying to figure that out

oh yeah its weird because it works great with running carving gcode even large gcode files but when I load a laser file it falls on its face