Phil's New Waste Board

Save yourself a ton of money. Its not quite as pretty but oh well I expect it will work great and it is very low cost.

Low Cost T-track

5 Likes

Thanks Stacy. I would have preferred to one you linked to as I suspect the colored finish on the other brands would scratch off after a while, and then they’d look worn. The “clear” finish that you linked to should always stay looking nice as the scratches wouldn’t show. Only problem is that there is no ‘buy’ button to actually order anything. LOL :grinning:

click on the item number in green and an add to cart button appears.

Erik beat me too it. You may have to select the length you want and then click on the amount. The site is a little finicky. However I just checked and all lengths are in stock.

Are you talking about the SKU number? That is not clickable. The only clickable links are the alloy, finish and length. Tried several browsers. Thanks for trying to help though :slight_smile:

click on the green sku number for the size you want…it doesn’t appear to be clickable, but it is.

For 48" length…click the one circled in red…it really is clickable :slight_smile:

Phil, Where did you get your aluminum plate? Did you mail order it? How do you think it would work if I used a piece of 3/4" 18 ply birch plywood with thread inserts instead of the aluminum? Obviously that would lose 1/2" of Y axis but do you see any issues otherwise?

–Rick

Thanks Erik, I fully understand where the link is supposed to be, but it simply isn’t there. Tried several browsers. The issue is on their end and they are losing sales because of it. I have contacted them and we’ll see what they do to fix the issue.

It’s more than just a little finicky :grin: The entire site is not HTML5 compliant. Here are the errors that one page alone generates;

When (if) they respond to my e-mail I will bring this to their attention. They actually have a lot of good stuff on their site. I’d easily use them as my aluminum source if they fixed their sites issues.

Click on the price. The $6.92 works for me.

Looking at the code for that page I don’t see how that would work for you. It’s not associated with any link.

Don’t know about the code, just know clicking on the price or item length pulls up a add to cart screen for that item.

I just ordered some tracks from Orange. I agree it isn’t obvious, but clicking on on the sku opened up a section to input qty.

what did you pay for the aluminum

That’s for a .25 that’s not bad what type of aluminum did you get and what was the website

1 Like

Jeez man 73 bucks I’m getting quotes for over 200 in nashville wonder if i can just use 1/4 steel

1 Like

What is the thickness of the plate?

I ask, because i’ve been searching for a 1000mm X 1000mm 1/2" aluminum plate to completely replace the MDF wasteboard.

Same here, trying to find a large 1/2" plate of aluminum around here, i’m getting quoted over $500

I may just buy it in 3 sections, and replace the bottom t-nut beams with wider 40mm versions so can bolt the plate edges to that.