Phil's Zonestar build

Is it done yet???

1 Like

Cura has become one of the best free 3D printer slicing apps around. They are always improving it and adding new features. Simplify3D is better, but itā€™s a paid app and designed mostly for professionals.

1 Like

Phil! Quit buying new toys. Iā€™m having trouble keeping up.

2 Likes

Lol Richard I hear you, Philā€™s Stuff is very inspirational and contagious. But bad for your wallet. My 3D printer will arrive january the 4th :grin:

1 Like

Already have a SD Card Reader, 2 Spools of filament arived today. 1PLA, 1ABS just to see how it works. Since over a year I was eyeballing the Prusa MK2 and wanted to source parts and build it myself. Never looked at the clones until you ordered yours. Mine is only the single extruder version, for 200 bucks you canā€™t go wrong I hope. Once I get the hang of it I could still print my own parts for the Prusa or other reprap printers

1 Like

I want one of those UV curing 3D printers. They seem awesome. Iā€™ve seen one working before and they give a much smoother contour. But Iā€™m a newb when it comes to 3D printers and only have experience with my cheap $200 XYZ printer. I am considering hacking it and replacing the firmware in it so that I do not have to continue to purchase their proprietary filament. This will also allow me to use other/better software. The one advantage is it was Plug and Play. Extremely easy to use. But I am outgrowing itā€™s capabilities quickly.

Iā€™m enjoying following your build. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

oh come on, you built the cnc demon and now youā€™re worried about these few wires :grin:

What??? I only see 1, 2, 3ā€¦ opps I lost count. Gotta start all over again.

When I got my Anet A8 working with wires all messy, I took a break. Then I put on a movie that I didnā€™t have to pay attention to (e.g. Snatch, Captain Ron, Big Lebowski, etc.), then I put on my Big Boy Pants, bit the bullet and spent over an hour unplugging things one at a time and bundling them together. One thing that bit me in the butt was table travel pulling the cables too tight. I had to think outside the box for different ways to run the wires.

1 Like

Once you get it put together print a drag chain.

2 Likes

From what I hearā€¦ after you get it up and running, make an enclosure for it. keeping the heat in there is the key to good performance

1 Like

That is important for ABS printing, but not necessary for most printing. I use primarily PLA, PETG and for flexible TPUā€¦none of them require a heated chamber.

2 Likes

Are you ready to print us out a bunch of stuff? Weā€™re all chomping at the bit here!

2 Likes

Yours will come mostly assembled wonā€™t it?

So youā€™re already ahead of Phil :wink:

(but his is made from stainless steel, so his looks cooler)

1 Like

Not to worry, heā€™s still working on the SolidWorks model of all that wiring. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Itā€™s alive!!! Nice!

1 Like

Wow, your printer is a lot noisier than mine! Oh, wait, that is actually your X-Carve! I guess your X-Carve will not be lonely now. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Phil, maybe your 3D printer, Xcarve and Laser will all mate to produce a SUPERCNC!!! That will rule them all.

Lol. Nice print quality now you have me interested.

1 Like

Easier than you think!

3D Scan From Photos! Make a 3D Model With Free Software!

I thought the Demon Controller was a self image???

1 Like