Problems with x, y, z axis

Hi, I am fairly new to cnc carving. I am having problems with my x,y,z axis moving more than they should. This has only been a problem for a few days. I have a Fox Alien 4040-xe and use Easel to run my machine. My x,y axis is moving 5mm when set to move only one. the z axis is also off. set it to move 10mm it moves 39mm. Is there a solution for this?

Hello @GregoryKezar,
Welcome to the forum! See if this video by Paw Paw’s Workshop helps you out. I imagine you will be up and running quickly after working through the necessary steps.

Here is another one if you do not want to watch the video.

{:0)

Brandon R. Parker

Hi Brandon, the video helped a lot. The x,y, and z axis are spot on. Changing the settings slowed down my feed rate. Even trying to manual increase the rate it doesn’t seem to change the speed. Is there anything that I did that would have changed this?

Did you change $110, $111, or $112?

No, 100, 101, 102

Do the rest of your settings match the XE defaults??

I have a Fox Alien 4040XE and I’m not saying that it is, but, check your drive belts for the x and y axis’s. When I was new to this, I crashed the machine a couple of times and had the same problem with the x and y axis moving further than it was supposed to. When I checked the belts I noticed that the teeth had stretched out allowing the x and y to move further in different areas. I replaced all the belts and the machine was spot on. The Z axis has no belt so it probably is a calibration issue, but if you have crashed the machine, check the belts. FYI…Open Builds has a calibration feature in their gcode sender. Happy Carving!

Thank you Seth! I will check them when I get home.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked the belts and they still look good. I am pretty sure that the problems are with the g code. The x,y, z acis setting weren’t even close.

1 Like

Thank you very much for all the help!!! I am back up and running!! Possibility better than before!!

2 Likes