Project you are most proud of

This is the best project I’ve seen done :heart::dog::heart:

1 Like

I’m very happy with this project for two reasons. My industry is largely unknown and has very few momentos to it.

In addition, it was done from a photograph and cleaned up in Inkscape, which I had used very little to that point. I learned a tremendous amount doing this project. Countless hours removing extra nodes.

6 Likes

It really is special, Phil

2 Likes

Is that a Washington State Ferry? I’m a USCG licensed captain 100 GT 320 passenger, so I think this stuff is cool! :sunglasses:

It’s a Mississippi River towboat.

Oh, cool! I was born and raised in St. Louis, MO so you’d think I would’ve recognized it…:wink:

Just leaving STL headed for St. Paul.

So far this one is special to me. Not my most technical but my most meaningful

5 Likes

That looks great. I’ll have to try and make one.

This is one of my first pieces and the third piece as well… still getting the hang of it but I think they turned out well

10 Likes

still putting the finishing touches on this one

6 Likes

Making a drinko plinko for a good friend. Really pleased on how well the main carve turned out, but even more so with the fine carving on the bottom plate. I know its not as complex as some of the posts on here, one day my imagination will get me to that level…

8 Likes

An end-grain cutting board I made for my stepdaughters wedding. From the center out it is Red Oak, Walnut, Padauk, Ebony, and Zebra Wood. It is about 14 x 22 x 1.5 inches and the inlay is recessed about .35 inches.

14 Likes

That looks great Rik, pardon my non-US ignorance but I assume that’s a State inlayed in the board?

Yes, that is the state of New Jersey. My stepdaughter and her fiance are Jersey people through and through. And don’t worry about not knowing the state. There are a lot of Americans who wouldn’t know it either.

1 Like

It should be called New York South!

Ha, ha! That’s what it feels like sometimes.

It’s a state?? I thought it was just a show on MTV!

(I’m KIDDING!!) :grin:

1 Like

Ah I should have known that, I spent 3 (very interesting) months in Wildwood working as a carny.

I don’t know if I am most proud of this, but pretty happy with the way it turned out.

19 Likes