Recalibration help

That’s all I can think of…

i appreciate you trying, i’ll post when i figure out

Ok,… Good luck, if I think of anything else… I’ll post it.

But definitely take a good look at all the y-axis motor wires.

I left the shop in frustration, im going to grab some food and head back… Their were some loose nuts, i squared up the y rails and ran the same circle test in a different spot on the board and it was about the exact same shape…

If everything is tight, try bumping up the power a bit more.

The thing is ive cut plenty of perfect circles, why would this be an issue now?

No idea…

I am at a loss

Hmmm… Yeah ive had my machine for awhile, just started noticing a problem after cutting acrylic yesterday. Of course as i finally landed a couple jobs using my machine this had to happen… @ZachKaplan you have any ideas what might be happening?

There are posts about stock spindles causing missed steps as it started to fail. Electrical noise.

Last thing I can think of… Is your collet sitting properly? Just grasping for straws.

Is your mill getting dull? Have you tried a new one?

The bit is new. @ErikJenkins what do you mean by the collet sitting properly?

Make sure the v-wheels and eccentric nuts aren’t too tight

Oh i know, have had a long road with those eccentric screws

This looks like vibration from the acrylic carve caused something to be loose including one of the electrical connections is slightly intermittent. Perhaps one of the following:

1. Loose eccentric nuts
  2. Loose Vwheels
  3. Pulleys slipping (need to tighten Allen screw)
  4. Collet not seated well causing run out.
  5. Loose tool head bracket on the Z.
  6. Wires going into the gshield are loose
  7. One of the wires going into the terminal blocks got loose

That would be more first line of defense.

Do you have a Dewalt spindle to try? If that did the same thing you could rule out the stock spindle as a source of the problem.

Ill give those a shot this afternoon. One thing i noticed that i don’t feel is normal is the play along the the y-axis’. For instance if i hold one side i am able to move the other side independently close to an inch back and forth. Is that normal?

On my 1000mm, if it’s turned off, I can move the ends of the y-axis independently, maybe about half an inch or so. If I haven’t used the machine in a while, I’ll make sure they’re square to the frame before I turn things on. I try not to move the machine by hand, so it does a good job of keeping the y-axis from getting skewed.