Rerun Easel Setup for X-Carve

Well it sounded good. Easel moved past the COM port check but had no control over X,Y, or Z. I will keep at it…

I was able to get the compiling grbl to work and now have X,Y,Z control! so far so good.

1 Like

Hey Jeremy…did you ever figure out how to reflash the right grbl to the arduino? I can reflash w/ the Xloader but none of my XYZ green lights lit up and then when the g-code runs, the machine runs to the far left like the scale is off by ten times. This all started when i loaded grbl 8…to make it work w/ UGS…which it did, now I can’t reload 9i for x-carve to work right.

I did. I am not sure that I did the text book fashion of doing this, but I was able to recover the hex. I followed the details at:
Compiling Grbl · grbl/grbl Wiki · GitHub and Flashing Grbl to an Arduino · grbl/grbl Wiki · GitHub

I deleted my arduino software and reloaded it in one instance and then went through the process listed in the links above. In another instance, I was able to use Xloader to upload the hex found at:

There are some additional details at this string:

Hope this helps…likely too much info but this has been an interesting adventure for sure.

V/R
J.R.

Thanks for posting this! The inventables X-Carve Pro instructions just say to go to easel.inventables.com (which does not prompt the install)

False alarm, Easel doesn’t have any setup or calibration. Does anyone know how to finish the final steps of the install for the X-Carve Pro ?.. Installing the waist board and squaring the machine?

This is the page with the instructions. Please give us a call 312-775-7009 and we’ll help you through it.

Hey Zach,

Unfortunately those instructions are a dead end. When you click on the link to go to Easel and select your machine, it connects and the only option is to hit Finish or Test Cut. No instructions on installing the waist board or calibration the Y2.

I’ll try the phone again…