Router leaves path mid carve

Just lately I have seen several pieces rendered useless by the router picking a path and cutting across the pattern, this is usually on the roughing pass. Not much to do but to throw the wood away. Is there a firmware update that came out recently?
What really bugs me is that I have carved these files successfully before, and for some reason, they do not work properly. I dumped one file and re-imported the .stl and tried again, this time it picked a different corner to lop off.

1 Like

Check for electrical interference - especially with the USB cable.

Taske a look here for more: Carve stopping mid carve

1 Like

Thanks James,
I should have thought about that, a former boss I worked for was big on separating the power and data cables. He would talk about the noise, so I am willing to bet that is my biggest problem, also one that is easy to solve.

2 Likes

My CNC is a Millwright Carve King 2. So I emailed them to see what they suggested (see 3 attachments) basically the same thing I got from everyone one on Easels forum. I ordered a new longer shielded USB cable with ferrite beads. I have a powered USB port and I have a whole house surge protector. I also have 4- 20 amp circuits in my workshop everything is plugged into separate circuits. Because it’s an interment issue it’s gonna tuff to isolate once I get the new USB cable I’ll try everyone’s suggestion. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.