Samples of my cnc carve

This samples I did last day,it take a long time to do this type of carving in easel,about 8 hours or more,my spindle became hot.I am happy with this results, I hope to carve 3d ,I Ned free sample and which program I have to use.

3 Likes

Download the free version of Vcarve, the free version will allow you to carve some of the 3D files in their library.

You will also need a copy of Universal Gcode Sender to send the gcode file created from Vcarve to your machine.

2 Likes

I have vcarve pro ,is it OK for 3d carve, also I had universal gcode sender,but last time I had some problems with gcode ,when I start carve it is good ,but after a while, it was be unresponse.

Some people have found that bCNC works well w/ large G-code files: GitHub - vlachoudis/bCNC: GRBL CNC command sender, autoleveler and g-code editor

1 Like

You can also try PicSender from www.picengrave.com.
It is designed to send millions of line of code. Yes I said millions! :smile:

I personally use it and so does a lot of other XC users.
The authors are regular visitors and contributors to the forum so they are always available to answer questions.

2 Likes

is this program free? i search thier web site , i see only video.

can you tell me how to use it with windows 8

Pic sender is commercial.

To use bCNC:

• install Python
  • install the program dependencies
  • download and unzip bCNC to somewhere convenient
  • run the .bat file
  • select the correct COM port and connect

i install python
what you mean install the program dependencies
i do not find .bat file

Here is the link to the program http://www.picengrave.com/PicSender.htm
It is not free but worth every penny of the $14.95. You can download a trial version.
As I said, John and Jeff are always available to help out. They respond quickly to all questions. This level of support is well worth the cost the program.

2 Likes

You probably need to install pyserial:

If you look in the unzipped archive, there should be a batch file:

can you send to me the steps how to install bcnc

if i want to know more about this program , do you have a web site explaining this program?
the demo said will crave a half of my file, so i have to buy it.

My notes on this are on the ShapeOko wiki. I posted all the steps above.

thanks willAdams for your help

To use bCNC:

1 Like

Hello WillAdams
i bought pic sender , but i do not know how it is work, i cannot joging, i use 115200, can you tell me what steps i can do to set the zero for machine, and send my file , you know that my machine is xcarve, so what i set up in the program,
grbl z code or grbl pwm code

Set it GRBL Z Code. You need to set the startup blocks in grbl for the units & feedrate for jogging. Type in $N0=G20 for inch units or $N0=G21 for metric units in the Do Cmd. window and select the Do Cmd button.Then type in $N1=F30 for 30IPM for an inch unit jogging feedrate, or $N1=F762 for a metric jogging feedrate and then select the Do Cmd button.

Make sure you set Use Safe Z with a retract distance so if you Cancel a job, your Z will retract first before the X&Y axis’s travels back to your work zeros.

2 Likes

for z safe how is the value i put

Just a safe distance from your Z zero above your material & clamps.

1 Like