Shipping now - Powder Coated Steel 9mm Belt Clips - Only $20

Alternatively,

1 Like

shouldnā€™t for sale stuff be put in the for sale area?

ā€¦ I donā€™t have a dog in this fightā€¦ shoot I donā€™t own an XC for that matter. I just think if someone is selling a product it should be in the for sale areaā€¦ people keep putting Easel gripes in this forum and the uncategorized one and it bugs meā€¦ but then again it could be from the hit and run accident I was in last nightā€¦ its not that I am upset about my 16 year old minivan with 173,000 miles got messed up a littleā€¦ I am annoyed that the a$$hat took off.

1 Like

What are they? 1 or 2mm thick? Iā€™d thread the vertical hole and turn the adjusting screw around for ease of access. Even 1mm threaded steel will be plenty strong for tensioning by thread. Once the locking nut is in place thereā€™s no force on there anyway.

Actually I would love to see one of you two make a v2 with offset holes as I did. Just better design imho as it would remedy the clearance issue. Keeping the offset minimal would assure that torque is practically negligible in this application. Only issue is youā€™d need a left and right clip, so 2 (mirrored) different parts.

1 Like

You can slide a tee nut in front of the flange and insert the adjustment bolt from the other side. That accomplishes the same thing. Its a bit of a tight fit (on the stock & my clips, probably not as tight on philā€™s), but you can get the tee but in there. Like Phil said tapping isnā€™t an option because of thickness.

1 Like

Hey iā€™m not going to argue with a mechanical engineer about this stuff. I know a losing battle when I see one.

But just to throw this out there, K40 belt tensioning clips are 0.5mm threaded steel. Now Iā€™m not in any way saying the K40 is a shining example of good mechanical design, but as many points of failure this machine features, I have yet to see documentation of one of those clips failing. Pretty nuts if you think about how little surface there is to actually grab the threads.

The thread engagement depends on a number of factors (type of bolt material, type of threaded material, how its loaded, strength requirements, etc.) The 1.5 mentioned is the general rule of thumb to avoid calculating it or confirming material strengths so you have some safety margin. This also assumes the threaded material is of lesser strength than the bolt (which is usually the case). You can do 1x if they are the same strength material (which is why nut thicknesses are not generally 1.5x, this is also noted on the page Phil linked) or up to 2x if there is a large obvious difference such as steel with aluminum.

Another thing to note that not a lot of people know is that ~75% of the load is taken by the first 3 engaged threads of the connection. So overdoing it with too many threads is not buying you anything.

1 Like

So with this upgrade, youā€™re changing idlers and pulleys and so theoretically you have control of the horizontal space away from the Vwheels so why not only expand the stock clip away from the Vwheels to support the wider belt and just move the idlers and pulleys out to compensate so the belt stays straight and aligned but it does make the tensioning screw slightly off center but it shouldnā€™t be enough to cause a major issue.

Maybe this is what was being described by the offset clip?

exactly :wink:

Not sure how much leeway there is before you hit something else though. My machine is an ancient SO2 model so I donā€™t even have those 90degree clips.

Thanks for posting this Bill. I just ordered some and will play around with them.

1 Like

Good news! All orders will ship on Thursday, 5/17!

1 Like

Orders are shipping now!

Thanks so much for the overwhelming support!

2 Likes

International shipping now available for $15 - total $40 delivered.

Edit - Now just $35 shipped for international customers.

1 Like

I was able to negotiate some savings, so Iā€™m passing it on to you. Clips are now $20 per set! All existing orders will receive a $5 refund to make up for the change in price.

The second batch is in process, so no worries of running out of stock. All orders will ship next business day.

1 Like

Why are they grey, when the X-Carve is black?

Nailed it Bill. Choosing gray and upping my order volume is what allowed me to cut an additional $5 off the price. Iā€™ve been bullied, kicked out of groups, and blocked, but Iā€™ll take that heat if it means making upgrades more affordable to the average user.

2 Likes

Guess it could be worse. They could have used bright pink.

1 Like

I asked for bright pink, but they didnā€™t have it in stock :joy:

2 Likes

Great looking! Good luck with them.

iā€™ve been wanting to ask, these are laser cut; did you look into waterjet cutting also? Any reason in particular you chose one over the other?

Iā€™m asking bc iā€™m also looking if I can order a batch of custom steel brackets for my K40 laser conversion. I guess Iā€™m testing the waters, seeing whatā€™s out there and how I best go about it. Any insight would be extremely helpful.

2 Likes

The shop that I work with only uses lasers, so it was an obvious choice. Generally speaking, any method of getting to the desired end result is acceptable in my mind.

1 Like

I might have missed it but what gauge steel are these made from?