Shipping now - Powder Coated Steel 9mm Belt Clips - Only $20

16ga - same as the stock clips

1 Like

Complete 9mm GT3 Belting kits are now available for just $75.

1 Like

Here’s the laser at work running over 2300 IPM on stainless.

https://discuss-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/5/6/56b805a7cb05535fedbab5696c2f17863ea923fa.mov

2 Likes

This particular machine is days old. Trumpf is still on site setting it up. We do have some ancient equipment as well, though.

1 Like

We design and build integrated conveyor systems for the big package couriers. Across all our facilities we’ve got about 20 acres of manufacturing space. My focus is design for manufacturing and process design, specifically driving out waste and reducing manufacturing costs.

1 Like

Yep, we have 3 brake presses that we keep busy, and we have a new folding machine en route.

We use Inventor.

1 Like

Got mine in today here’s a pic of the stock clips next to them as well as the previous solution and then the bulky 3d printed ones I was using at first.

And here it is installed

Finally feels like it’s done right instead of a cob job solution like everything else seemed like. Thanks Luke

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, Ryan. We feel the same way about these, which is why we picked up our second batch of 38 sets this afternoon!

1 Like

Complete 9mm upgrade kits (3GT3 and 2GT) are now back in stock @ www.tbdcnc.com

Thanks Luke, waiting on mine now. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

All open orders will be dropped off at the post office tomorrow morning :smile:

Just received it, fast shipping, looks great. I appreciate it very much.

1 Like

Glad to hear it! Let me know if you need anything else!

I had the same issue. To correct this I elongated the holes with a needle file to allow me to shift the clips slightly inboard. I also used a grinder to remove a little metal off the end and offending side of the clip. It makes for a close fit, but it is working so…

1 Like

@LukeWilson Looking over your TBDCNC web site and seeing all the EX-Carve components designed to enhance, stiffen, support, and improve I had this thought…why not make a complete EX-Carve machine yourself with all these enhancements?

The current X-Carve lacks the needed improvements to make it a truly great machine. (purchased as is from Inventables::no screw drive option, no Z-slide option, riser height too low, motors too small, belts/clips too small, eccentric nuts too small, many screws mis-sized, to much Y flex, and general stiffness could be improved.

Just some thoughts…

2 Likes

Honestly I hope Inventables themselves are working on a new version. It would be a wise business strategy to keep up with the market.

I am really surprised (read disappointed) that Inventables hasn’t come out with any upgrades.

It’s been about 2.5 years since they last upgraded the X-Carve. They’re due. Sure they added a vacuum attachment, ok. They’ve made Easel enhancements, went ‘Pro’ with that. But nothing on the hardware front.

Some part numbers of key parts have changed recently…you don’t normally change that for no reason…

The Co work for changes part numbers sometimes if they are revised/improved or from a different supplier.