Should i buy or should i not?... Need some input :)

Thank you…one thing i just found out thata a huge turnoff is that it appears the xcarve has an extremely limited z workspace…67mm on the older xcarve…is this true?..

Yes i know but most cnc routers have 2-3x xcarve z height

And like insaid if you add the length of bit you are limited to using nothing thicker than 1 inch…that may be a deal breaker for me…

What if i want to machine into a 2x4…which is 1.5 thick…and endmill is 1.5 long?..

You avre right though its not meant for actual machining…its a cnc router…and yes people do use them as cnc machines too but very limited use due to z height limitations

Yes but upgrades cost money…im limited on funds …just saying that the actual z workspace is really not 67mm its less deoending on your cutter length…

I was going to buy an ebay 6040 cnc router …so now im not sure what to buy…xcarve seems so dang limited with stock model

Dang…those would be simple to make…but u make machine less sturdy and also your actual z travel is still 67mm…you just change your material size capacity…which is good but i wish z travel was minimum 100mm…oh well

Should i just buy the xcarve?..if i decide i dont want it and not assemble it do u think it would be an easy sell to get my money back?

Yes its complete …1000mm xcarve with spoil board…dewalt router…controller…etc

Im buying it from a friend of mine he lives in indiana…

Is the z travel limited to 67mm or is 67mm the z workspace limit?

Does anyone know the z travel max?..if its not 67mm

Sounds like you just want someone to tell you not to buy it. For what it does you will not find one cheaper.

1 Like

Ha ha,you are probably right…for what its capable of doing i cant go wrong lol

I guess i just like to make sure…its not a 5$ purchase …i do like other peoples input though it helps me make better decisions

Wish government worked that way lol

What do good working used 1000mm xcarves typically sell for?..basic stock versions…

And one big plus the xcarve has is people like you all…support and help and etc etc…

How reliable are the electronics and mechanical parts of the xcarve?..stepper motors? Dewalt router?..controller?..belts?..etc etc on the older 2015 model.

Thank you bill…thats encouraging…im all about value…if its a good value ill buy it…the z travel limtation is not good but as you all have stated its af great machine overall and its just for hobby home use so it will prob suit me fine…off subject…i just bought my first 3d printer kit…anet a8…and have to say for the price of $130 shipped im pretty happy…did my first print last night…

Trying to attach a pic here but damn ipad not capable

Got it…ipads suck

1 Like

I appreciate,all your input i will buy it tomorrow morning…its a friend of a friend,… And get back on here if i actually assemble it lol

Assembling the. 3d printer was pretty involved…im sure the xcarve will be even more involved…i am good at soldering and tapping holes so i guess thats a plus :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do you mean your own setup?

Are you from Indiana?

No… Im in chicago…so its a long drive

Off to bed soon

1 Like

One last thing before bed…what if i dont have internet access…how do i operate the xcarve machine…to run a program?