Should i buy or should i not?... Need some input :)

Billy…so you dont have an xcarve…you built your own cnc router?

You can run the machine without a constant internet connection if you use a G-code sender like UGS. Create your designs in Easel or Fushion 360 on a machine that has an internet connection and export your G-Code to a file then carry that to the machine on USB stick and run it from UGS. There are a few other g-code senders out there but the only one I’ve used is UGS.

this is going to be a long post…:slight_smile: and im sure i will get lots of feedback mostly bad but its my opinion and i hiope you can understand…you guys have been grreat giving me input about the stock 1000mm xcarve but im sure im not the only one with these views…

hi i want to thank everyone for all the input (you guys are great) however my xcarve purchase didnt work out…im not very happy at all (4 hr round trip drive) but maybe its turned out to be a good thing…the person selling the “unassembled new” 2014/15 model 1000mm xcarve with dewalt router and controller etc complete, ended up not being quite true. When i got there the person had the xcarve on the back of her pickup truck some out of box and some in a tyson chicken box lol. Anyways the truth came out once i got there…it wasnt new in box…it was unassembled partly…someone tried to start assembling it and stopped. and the parts were stored in some storage unit for 3 years…collecting dust etc…and that was not the worse part. There was no router or spindle and there was no controller box.and who knows what else was missing…and who knows if the aluminum extrusions parts were bent or not swince they were all out of box stored in some bad environment getting moved around and etc…i told her forget it…not interested…too many unkinowns. since someone did start the assembly…and it was missing parts

anyways maybe this turned out to be good because im gojg to give you my honest unbiased outsider opinion of the xcarve from what i did see…i was actually extremely disappointed in what i saw…and i hope mr inventable reads this post and takes my feedback to maybe help in future designs of the product. …a $1600 machine should nopt be built like a $50 tinker toy it should be built like a $1600 machine and use proper structural parts and components…im sure if i was to actually build one i would find out more negative aspects about the xcarve machine but here is a brief list of what i know and what i saw today.

1. I do not agree with a belt design period …but even so. The belt is ridiculously flimsy and is way undersized…my $130 cheap 3d printer uses the same tiny thin and narrow 6mm belt… lol…

2. The gantry and side rails and overall framework…(my main dislike of the xzcarve) …way too thin and flimsy …way undersized…very light duty…compare to shapeoko .which is much sturdier…the xcarve uses extremely thin wall aluminum…and way undersized …even the new xcarve gantry is undersized and nothing compared to the strength of the shapeoko gantry…seeing the flimsy ramework in person was even worse than i anticpated…

3. spoil board…should be an aluminum bed not flimsy unstable particle board

4. way overpriced based on materials included. with kit…i was like …thats all i get for $1600??? a few pieces of thin aluminum …a piece of particle board …a few motors .and some elctronics…and some screws???..and plus labor hours needed to assemble…the markup is probably pretty outrageous number …if you subtract the weight of the heavy $10 particle board …the weight of the entire xcarve cant be more than 30lbs lol…thats pretty bad…mr inventable is definitely making a lot of money $$$$$$$$$ profit per unit sold.

5 extremely limited z workspace and z travel…67mm is just unacceptable…unless you are only doing sign making using thin materials…i think z workspace should be minimum 125mm and z travel should be minimum 100mm

5 the only good aspect about the xcarve that is good is the support but im sorry the product is just not for me…

anyways thats my honest thoughts of the xcarve from actually seeing it in person today…was not impressed at all and was extremely disappointed in what i did see and feel.

i hope noone takes this pesonally but the xcarve minus the great community of people is really just an overpriced inferior product period. …if you just look at the type of materials included and what you get with the actual product which by the way includes no warranty

thank you

again i want to reitterate you guys are great…the xcarve community is great but mr xcarve really should concentrate on a better product…and not just rely on free community support to sell the product…how can you sell a product with no warranty on the parts???

:slight_smile:

Just stating facts

Thank you

I stated facts on how its built and made opinions on it

I knew i would get negative input but thats fine… This is an inventables forum right…?

anyways…the xcarve definitely has its place…but not for me.

Thanks again

Thanks billy…i respect your input…im just giving an unbiased opinion…obviously everyone in here will be biased towards xcarve…i have no reason to be for or against xcarve … Just stating factual features about xcarve and my opinion on the features… I never knew xcarve existed until a month ago…

Thanks

1 Like

Yes billy maybe so but just seeing how thin and light duty the material was in person was pretty disappointing for me…there is no way that gantry is strong at that span…it will flex bad …even the new design flexes bad

If you are from Chicago why not just go down to inventables and look at one there. I am sure they have some type of show room.

1 Like

Hey billy should i offer her $150 for the parts she had?

1 Like

I would i could use the parts on my own.

One other thing i learned…the xy cutting workspace is not 1000x1000 its only 800x800

Substantial difference …thats due to my ignorance but to me it seems a little misleading…i thought 1000mm was the cutting area capacity