Shutting down

Fox Alien 4040 Pro:
Never had this problem before until now. But I use a vacuum cleaner to rid my projects of wood buildup. But now all of a sudden when I do it cleaner shut down my machine down and says the project is completed. So then I have to restart the intire process to get it running again. Does anyone know if the I have a problem in my machine or the vacuum. Help if you can. Also is there a way to start where it left off.

I’ve read that people have had electrical interference with routers and such. Maybe try a different approach when vacuuming?

Losing connection to easel - Inventables Community Forum

1 Like

I have the same machine! I have a dust shoe with a small 5 gal shop vac and fine dust filter attached. Static is created by the air being sucked through the plastic hose. It was messing with my previous machine, so, I ran a copper wire through the inside of the vacuum hose all the way to the dust boot and grounded it to the center screw of an outlet. No more static! I drilled tiny holes in the ends of the vacuum hose just big enough for the wire and attached clips to allow me to disconnect the vacuum if I need to. I wrapped one end of the wire around paracord to aid in pulling the wire through the hose. You cannot start where the machine left off unless you know how to change the gcode itself. Unfortunately, you have to start over but you can increase the feed speed until it gets there but make sure you’re watching! Hope this helps!

1 Like

Great idea. Thank you all for your ideas. I’m new with this whole machine and CNC stuff. Your all great people.

2 Likes

I had the same problem.
I plug my X-Carbe in a circuit that is only used by the lights and garage door openers.
My work bench, air compressor, and vacuum are plugged into another circuit.

1 Like

I had the same issue a couple of years back. Did some research and ended up grounding my machine to the house ground stake, and added ferrite chokes to the wiring go to all stepper motors. Haven’t had an issue since.

1 Like