So here's a new one

@JanVanderlinden Nah, I’m not a Yooper. I am a Michigander though. =)

I was just teasing you. I think your plaque turned out great… just don’t tell my wife… shes a Green and White fan.

1 Like

@JanVanderlinden Look how big and beautiful the U.P. is! Didn’t we win the U.P. in the battle of Toledo or something like that? Ohio got Toledo, we got the U.P., I think we got the better bargain in the long run. =)

1 Like

Jason,
yes I know your kidding.
so am I.
I’m originally from Grand Rapids myself and only been in Ohio since 2003.
And yes the UP is very beautiful.

Robert,
I’m kind of playing with that right now.
But I’m also limited on my wood size.
My rough size is 12 X12

Hey @LarryM please have them send it in to help@

Jan solved his problem by just cutting the wire that ran across the bottom of the socket. I was just wondering if there was a manufacturing problem that sent the socket out wired that way.

1 Like

Thank you all for your continued support.
I know I can be a pain in the ■■■ at times when I’m frustrated.
But when the machine runs flawlessly all of that goes away and I just watch it in amazement.
Thank you again.

2 Likes

Well just to bring everyone up to speed.
I installed my new Z axis to day and I must say its beautiful.
But here’s my problem.
Inventables was yet again good enough to send me a new Z probe wiring assembly.
But it makes no difference it will absolutely not work.
This is the message that I get.

So I disconnected my limit switches (I never use them anyway)
Doesn’t make any difference.
I still get the same message.
These are my current Grbl settings.
settings 9-2-17.txt (1.1 KB)
Does anyone see what may be the problem?

Change $10 to 115 ($10=115).

Before you do the probe function press the “?” (current status) button and post the results here.

Also, $102 is set for the ACME rod. Have you calibrated your Z axis with the new setup?

1 Like

Larry this is the new X controller.
So yes, it is calibrated for the acme rod.

The status report doesn’t show any homing switch, probe, or control pin tripped.

I can’t see the Alarm messages behind the error report box. Make sure that your probe is not hooked up to one of the homing switch inputs.

I got so disgusted again, I just closed up the shop and came into the house to sulk.
I will try again in the morning and move the error box before taking the screen shot.
Thank you for your help.

This may sound silly, but you might want to invest in Charley Thomas’s Trquetra 3 axis zero block. The software he provides with it is amazing. And the Triquetra works. I have had no issue with it.

2 Likes

I do have Charlie’s Triquetra. Its the only thing that I use.
I have checked the wiring but will go over it again this morning.

Edit.
I have used the Triquetra very successfully for quite awhile.
I can help but think there is something wrong with the controller.
I may have to pop for a new one, or at least the portion that controls the probing?

So far, I don’t see that there is a problem with the controller. Did you just get the X controller, or have you been using it successfully before?

You say you installed your new Z axis. What did you install?

1 Like

Charley provides outstanding customer service. You might want to contact him. He spent a couple of hours on the phone with me helping me get all set up and tweaked. He’s a great guy and will help you out.

Ok, So here is the latest on my connectivity issue.
As I mentioned, Inventables was good enough to send me a new probing kit.
When I installed it, the connections between the FEMALE plug and the controller are perfect. (no dead short between positive and negative as there was with the original probe kit)
However, when I originally bought Charlie’s Triquetra I really liked the magnetic ground as opposed to the large clamp that comes with the Inventables kit.
So I removed the clamp and soldered in the magnet.
This morning I started going through all of the wiring again.
Everything checked out good until I came to the positive side of the MALE plug and the touch plate. (no continuity)
I eventually traced it down to the (original) MALE plug it self.
I then took the new MALE plug set that I just received and soldered in the magnetic connection.
Everything works perfectly.
So apparently, the original probe kit that I received with my machine had two connectivity issues.
I still don’t understand how the original probe kit ever had it working in the first place.
Once again, thank you to all that try to help me out.
There’s a reason I have this sign hanging in my shop.

So today I’ve been happily carving away and finally got this plaque made for my granddaughter.
A little sanding to get rid of the cutter marks a couple coats of polyurethane and it will be good to go.
I hope she likes it.

Larry,
I just installed the new Z axis from Kyle Kronyak
I will post my thoughts about it on his thread.
But in a word Its fantastic.

4 Likes

Your granddaughters plaque is outstanding.

So today I’m happily carving away making a plaque using a program that I’ve used at least 4 times.
Suddenly the machine stops and ~60% completion with this message.

So I restarted the program and sure enough, it does the same thing.
How do I find out what’s wrong?
Is there a way to restart the program at ~55% complete? (because its a 3 hour carve)
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the response Robert.
I only use V carve desktop.

sorry.
Grbl 2017 inch