[SOLVED] Replacement Spindle in Norway - hard to find

Hi guys

Quite new to this, and I’m having a hard time finding a spindle for 220V. None of the spindles you talk about is available locally. I have tried to buy the Makita RT0701C from Amazon, but they do not ship to Norway.

So; would this model be usable? Makita RT0700CJ håndoverfres (710W) - Tromas Netthandel - Vi har Makita, Metabo, Stihl, Fein, Paslode

Effect 710W
RPM 10,000-30,000 rpm
Guide Rule 1
Dimensions (LxWxH) 89x89x200 mm
Veight 1,8 kg

Hi,

I bought that exact spindle from Byggmakker and it works great. My setup uses Inventables’ 611 spindle mount, the Makita and a couple 3d printed spacer rings to hold the router in the mount.

Mount:
https://www.inventables.com/technologies/x-carve-dewalt-611-spindle-mount

Check this thread:

Edit: added links

That’s the same router I have, Model Number RT0701CX. It’s my understanding that the letters after the model number just refer to the various options that are bundled in a particular country or sales zone

Thank you! I have found it at Byggmakker, and I have ordered a set of fitting rings from a local 3D print house :slight_smile: Now it’s up to Inventables to deliver the rest :slight_smile:

That’s cool. Glad I could be of some help.

Where in Norway are you located? I’m about 40 minutes north of Oslo.

The RT0700 is noted as the older / still prevalent in Europe model on the Shapeoko wiki: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable

AIUI, the material difference is the base hole pattern, for the 701 it’s been changed to an industry-standard Porter-Cable layout — this change doesn’t matter if one doesn’t have an investment in router accessories / jigs which use that hole pattern. (and of course the voltage)

As Geoff noted, there are different accessory packages indicated by letter suffixes — shop around on those and only get what one needs / save money where one can.

You should be able to use some 2mm thick 70mm aluminum tubing to make an adapter ring — I used a similar Imperial size.

Bjørkelangen :slight_smile:

The DeWalt D26200 is the 220v version of the 611, they have it on verktøy.no, but they only sell it as the D26204K with both the trim router and plunge router base…so it´s kinda expensive. So it might be worth the extra “trouble” of making the Makita fit the 611-mount.

Makita rules! :smile: