Thanks Ethan!

A few new ones

IMG_7090
IMG_7092

IMG_7087

13 Likes

Awesome! Looks great

2 Likes

Excellent! I like the reindeer, very festive.

1 Like

The last couple of days

IMG_7113

6 Likes

Nice work, Steve! Is that last piece just pine wood? Did you do any thing special to get that weathered look prior to carving, or were you able to get it that way?

@SteveMoloney These look great as usual. You have more time than I do to work in the shop. That’s a great thing. If I can get an hour or two every few days I feel very lucky.

2 Likes

I am right there with you Phillip. I just had whole 4 hours to play with my machine. I had not been able to touch it in almost a month. I have a bunch of projects I have been designing but no time to rip them.

Etnan Its pine, pre-stained ship lap material from Home Depot. 6" total width by 8" I believe it was $9.50 worked good it does have a cup to It to contend with. But it worked well for the two projects. I will definitely use it again.

2 Likes

Thanks Phil, I am on Rotation with my job so one week I work 5 days out of 7 the next 2 days. Gives me a lot of free time, last week was my short week so I took 2 days vacation and that gave me 7 days to play around.

@SteveMoloney. I’m retired. You think that I would have a lot of time in the shop, but no! With doctor appointments for my wife and I along with having the grandkids over for four to five days a week, I realize that working a full time job gave me more time in the shop. But Having the raising grandkids is well worth the loss of shop time. My wife an I love having the grandkids over. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

3 Likes

Finished this one up, learning Inkscape Image Trace

2 Likes

And this happened, 15" Jet Planer with Helicle Head and a 18" Laguna Panel Sander.

IMG_7139

7 Likes

You are going to have to add on shop space!

Or leave his truck set out but i see an addition coming.

@SteveMoloney. Wow! Way to go. Those are two excellent tools.

Wipes out the available floor space in the basement anything from here out I need to get creative on!

2 Likes

New ones, New beginnings sign is Veranda PVC 12" trim board, Used Oramsk fill letters with DK Grey then went back and hand rubbed medium grey into the texture wiping off the excess with a damp cloth. Mimicked age wood pretty well.

The porch sign I used PVC with Oramask and sprayed in a Stone Coat finish.

IMG_7181
IMG_7182

5 Likes

Looks great Steve. I like the font you used in “New Beginnings”

1 Like

IMG_7186
IMG_7205

IMG_7258

IMG_7239

8 Likes