Triquetra Video for use with Picsender

I’ve searched here and on YouTube for a video on how to use the Triquetra specifically with Picsender, but do see one. I know at one time Picsender was Charlie’s sender of choice, but it seems to be the missing video. Any links would be helpful

You just use the program that you create when you set up the Triquetra

Ward, just load the Triquerta gcode into one of PicSender’s QCodes and you’re all set. It will be there whenever you run PicSender.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

On a different note, Picsender is crashing frequently in the last couple of days. Jyst a few minutes ago I got another message that said something about, I think, an unexpected exception, asking me if I wanted to continue or quit. By the time I got my phone to take a picture, the program had closed entirely. I was not running any code at the time, but was jogging my machine.

I’m very hesitant to cut any more projects until this is resolved. I’ve lost several $ worth of wood and a lot of time. Any ideas?

I’m not familiar with Qcodes. I think I get what they are and what they do, but I don’t see where to access the section to plug them in.

I’m using version 2.7.5, if that makes a difference. Are updated versions available. It’s been a while since I got mine

I ran a couple thing this morning with picsender and everything went fine. Must be on your end somewhere.

Likely so. Not sure where to start looking, tho. It’s been flawless until a couple of days ago.

John will get back with you and figure it out they have great customer support.

1 Like

Ward,
You are running an older version of PicSender. QCodes were added starting with version 2.8.0.
Current version is 2.9.0.2, and can be downloaded here:
https://www.picengrave.com/PicSender.htm
I suggest you download and install the current version. It may fix the issue you are having.
If you still have an issue, please contact me at:
https://www.picengrave.com/Contact.htm
and send your grbl settings also.
John

Thanks, John. It’s surprising that the problem just started. It’s been working great until now.

I’ll download and install the new version ASAP.

Thanks again

1 Like

I dn’t think I made a video dedicated to PicSender. However, it is really as simple as loading the zeroing gcode file just like any other carving file and sending it to your machine. After the zeroing is completed all you do is remove the touch plate and magent then click GOTO ZERO for the X Axis, then the Y axis and then the Z axis. Done.

If you need help let me know and I will be happy to give you a phone call and get things working for you.

Charley Thomas
Triquetra CNC

1 Like

John, is it possible to activate these Q-codes with a keyboard shortcut?

1 Like

Great. Thanks Charlie, I’ll give it a go. It’s been more than a year since I’ve even looked at my machine. Moving (and shop rebuilding, as you know) is not conducive to maintaining and expanding skills.

I’ll get with you if I get stumped.

Not in the current version, but I just put it on the list for a future update.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Sweet! I’d love to be able to trigger these from my X-Pendant.

1 Like

Me, too. It’s a good idea.:+1:

John, I’m not too savvy on this stuff, but would it he possible to have Picsender remember the last known zero cooridinates?

In my recent experiences as almost always happens my zeros were lost and thus my projects.

In my mind I’m relating to something similar as my phone and browser remembering the last web page I visited even after restarting my phone. Again, there my be technical reasons why this won’t work, but it should would be cool. Just thinking outloud.

Charlie, I have gotten things working and I think I’m understanding how it works. I do have 2 questions though.

1. Should it be probing twice? It probes X, then Y, then repeats those 2 axis again. Then it probes Z twice. I updated the tool box and wasn’t sure if this is a new development.

2. In watching your videos I saw that tapping the space bar was part of the process, I assume to allow time to rotate a bit if necessarily. My probe is not pausing for the space bar command.

Since this is new to me I want to be sure things are working correctly. I have used the fine tuning to zero things in and everything seems good.

Ward,
PicSender itself can not remember zero settings from one session to another. That is a function of grbl.

If you have the HOMING function enabled and use PicSender’s built in probing feature, then PicSender sends commands to grbl that save your zero positions during a power down, and the zero positions will be available to PicSender when you next power up and home your machine.

I do not know if the current Triquerta code is using G92 or G10 to set work zeros, but it used to use G92, which will not save your work zero positions during a power down. I suggest you ask Charley to look into this for you.

As a work around for now, when you zero with the Triquerta, be sure to move to the axes to their zero positions as set by the Triquerta, then on PicSender’s main screen click the ‘Goto 0’ buttons for each axis, and then click the ‘Zero _’ axis buttons before making any other axis moves. Your work positions should then be saved at the bit’s position when you click the buttons. This assumes that you do use the homing function.

Also, again if you do home your machine at start up, when you set and move to your work zeros using the Triquerta, you can set the G28 or G30 positions (using the G28.1 or G30.1 buttons) to save your zero positions, and at next startup just home, then click either the G28 or G30 button and your machine will move to its work zero position. Best to raise your spindle up away from the Z zero position first as the spindle will travel in a straight line to the work zero position.

Hope this helps. Please contact me via email if you need more assistance.
John

Answer: The space bar when zeroing in easel only causes the probing sequence to resume without waiting for the timer to run out. Once the bit makes contact with the touch plate you can either wait for the timer (Blue Bar) to run out or hit the space bar to move to the next step without delay.

1 Like