Two stage cuts

@JustinLee, @Venessa—you now have access to the two-stage carving feature.

1 Like

Thanks!

Another request for access to the two stage carve feature. I’m just getting started, but I’ve already run into several projects where this would be very beneficial. Thanks!

Where I am having trouble is getting the 2 bits to cut at exactly the same depth.

• 1 on the request for access to the two stage carve feature. Can’t wait to give it a go.

Thanks!

@JasonWages @Petesworld @RobertCanning You guys are in!

Would really like to get access to this Two Stage cut feature also pretty please? Thanks.

@MeHerenow Well, since you asked so nicely…

If possible, I would like access to test this feature as well! Thanks!

@Scott2 You got it!

Can you please tell me how I can access the feature now? I’ve looked in the Machine menu and there doesn’t appear to be anything different.

Actually, I just found the usage details in post from Dec 2015. Is that still the current way to use this feature?

Thanks again!

I have been using this for a while now. Before Christmas I made about a dozen copies of an ornament that used 3 bits. The only problem I had was alignment. I started using a 1-2-3 block as a touch plate for all three axis. This worked, but I had to exit easel each time and use universal g code sender to align the bits. An easy to use alignment function in easel would be fantastic.

The only other change I think would dramatically improve this would be the ability for some cuts to be “finished” with the roughing pass so I don’t have to wait on the tiny detail bit.

Great upgrade!

Raw G-Code can be sent via the Machine Inspector window of Easel. There is no need to exit. I use my OS’s “Sticky Notes” and copy the paste the lines into Easel. I think it takes the same amount of time, but this way you don’t have to switch applications.

I would like to access this feature as well, please.

@DavidYoung You’re in!

@MeHerenow You should now see a “+” sign between your bit and “Cut settings”:

I would like to try this feature. Will this work with the new gcode sender test feature?

Could I please get access to this? Thanks.

@DanielPotthast @MitchWillard You guys both have access!

This feature does not work with g-code sending. If would have to create two gcode files and send them separately to mimic this feature .

I would also like access to this feature. Thanks in advance!

I am new to cnc carving, and this was the first thing I thought about on my very first carve. I would love to test this feature, please!