Two stage cuts

Would like to test the two stage cut capability. Thanks.

Thanks!

I would also like to test this feature. Please add me.

I would also like access to this feature. Thanks in advance!

Two stage cutting would have saved me a bunch of time on my last carve, could I get some access on this please?

I would like to be able to access this feature. Also, loving my new X-Controller! Thanks!

@JeffTalbot Looks great! Please add me to the access list. Thanks.

Anyway I can have access too?? Just got my x carve working tonight. Made my first project on Easel. Went to cut it and it said I needed a 1/16 bit. I installed it and after 20 minutes of cutting it said it was 2% done. Its only 6x6 lol.

Can I get access to this feature? Any chance there will be a feature that will allow the machine to stay .005" off the finished surface for the first pass and then use the second pass as a cleanup? I know I could do this with two separate files, but it would be killer to have it all in one go even using the same bit.

You can have it do a final clean-up pass by adjusting your cut depth so it’s just shy of the final depth. For instance, if the cut is .300" deep, do cuts at .059" deep and that’ll get you 5 full passes and one clean-up pass.

Please add me to the list. Thank you in advance.

I would like to be added as well

But the last pass follows the same path right? I’m looking for a cleanup path that steps in say .005" that way it gets rid of any artifacts in the cut. I’m guessing I’d just have to run two different programs.

Ah, a cleanup pass on the side instead of the bottom. Not sure how to do that, I think it would be another program.

@EricDobroveanu can I get on this list for access to 2 stage cuts?

I do a lot of carvings with 90 degree corners, so I use v bits a lot. But using a v bit to clear large pockets take forever. If this allows me to use, say, an 1/8" bit to clear out the majority and follow up with the v bit to get into the corners, I would love to have access!

Could I please be added to these features as well as gcode sending.

Hi everyone: I believe we’ve added everyone who requested access in the last few days. Please let us know if we missed anyone.

Jeff

Ooooo ooooo oooo over here. I’d like to get in on this. Please and thank you.

You have access!