Two stage cuts

@Chachin, @LDWoodworking—you now have access to the two-stage carving feature.

@JeffTalbot I think you forgot to add me.

@FrankWelte—you have access now.

I’d love to have access to this - thanks!

You have access now.

so if i understand it right you are doing something with the easl software that you change tools ? that would be great how do i get it ??

@Travelx—you now have access to the two-stage carving feature. (Details are in this post.)

Would like to try this also

i am sorry if i go to my machine i can find what you are saying ??!?!?

ohhhh i think i found it but now the machin is not responding i can move it all and so but when i come to carve it says so

@Rick1—you now have access to the two-stage carving feature.

Details are in this post.

1 Like

for me did not work so i was trying now for 3 day lots of materiel lost and now i went over to g code little learning and much better does what i tell him too :slight_smile: the need realy to improve easle if the like ppl to say here, for that much money you pay for the machine the software should be better too. well well lets hope it will get better. all babys start little :stuck_out_tongue:

i got g code sender and now it works is easl software :slight_smile:

Could I please get access to this?

Also, is there any reason you don’t have this available to everyone?

I totally agree, so far i have used the two file method of cut outline, load second file and do the two stage cut.

Cutting through 3/4" material with a 1/16 or smaller bit is just not an option

I would also like access to the 2 stage cutting if possible. Thank you.

Can you please enable detail carving for me as well. Thanks in advance.

@Aldousgroup @BobNevalainen @DarrylKegg Go get em!

I would also like access to the two stage cutting.

@DougArthurs Welcome to the world of detail carving!

1 Like

Hi Greg,

The roughing/detail feature in Easel kind of does this. If you set up a roughing/detail job, a small band will intentionally be left around the edges for the detail bit to clean up. Easel will currently even let you specify the same bit size for the roughing and detail passes. I’ve never tried it, but I just clicked “Show Toolpaths” on a project and it appears it might do what you want.

Maybe worth experimenting with on some material you don’t care about first?

Jeff