Ultimate Dust Boot for X-Carve with the Dewalt Router

Ok, have a look here. In Inkscape, I had to convert the text to path and then imported the Optimized SVG into Easel.

Here’s the imported Easel project

Easel was able to simulate the paths, so I think it should be ready to try. Thoughts?

I see that now, #learningEasel

I’ve removed all the measurement lines, if you refresh the shared project you’ll see that. I need to remove the side profiles and see where I end up. I envision using the X-Carve to cut the two vertical holders and the base.

1 Like

I think it’s all set now, I’ve got 3 parts now. I also changed the depth of the cut for the bristles as well as the depth of the markings on the uprights.

1 Like

how can I import .crv files in easel? or what is needed to make it possible.

you cant you have to make it a gcode first then send it into your machine. however easel might recognize it as a picture. if you print it out and then scan it in you can then you easels tracing part and then you can play with it there

Look up a few posts, I took the .DXF that @PhilJohnson created and imported into Inkscape. From there I was able to create an Optimized SVG and import that into Easel.

The Easel project I shared isn’t complete though, you’ll still need to cut the pieces that go on top of the X-Carriage.

Thanks for the info.
Cheers

So the eisel file you uploaded now is correct? In addition to the 3 pieces there is there anything else needed? How would it be mounted?

Just sent you an message with my email. I also bought your book. It actually looked interesting. Looking forward to the Dust collector plans. I made my own but like your first one It attached to the Z access and added the weight which I too was concerned about.

Hi Peter @New_Brit_Workshop,

I really like your solution, would you mind if I got a copy of the plans as well?

My email is jerimiah.milton@gmail.com

Thanks,
Jerimiah Milton