Using two bits for one project

Hi. Looking through the forum I see a lot of suggestions to do what I’ve been doing for two bit projects. Cut and paste what you want with one pit to a separate workpiece in that project. Would like to know how to use the two bit feature in one workpiece. If I have the set to let’s say 1/8 bit, then the detail to 60 degree V bit, does the machine stop once the first 1/8 run is done? Then put the V bit in and resume? Lastly, I’m guessing the 1/8 runs first then the v bit.

1 Like

correct. Do the roughing pass first. Change bit, re-probe, use last XY zero and continue.

You’ll want to ensure your motors lock the spindle in between changes. Take a look here:How to fix X-Carve Lock Motors Fault For Stress Free Bit Changes - YouTube

1 Like

I feel like maybe this was posted over to FB groups too? If so sorry for the duplicate reply… If not, well here’s the process:

1 Like

This is very informative. Thanks. I’ll give it a shot. I’m curious if a project has something like stars, if the roughing bit gets used at all for those stars while using 2 bit on a project. Guess I’ll find out.

1 Like

Yes it will… unless you take extra steps to make it not… check out my flag process, it’s a Little outside the Easel norm, but works great

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.