V bit and fonts

being a a huge supporter of the system ( I now have three machines) I love the efficiency! At what point will be get V Bit support. Everything from inventables is awesome, but the addition of the V-BIT will take it to the next level.

This is only idea, not the expert advise. At the beginning, before I buy expensive software, I was using Easel for all pocketing and cutting job, then using F-Engrave free program for V Bit carving. That simple program is magic for V Bit support.

Hi,

have a look at Estlcams V-Carve feature:

Edit: and the text feature that also allows to use V-bits (starting at about 6 minutes):

(I hope it is OK to post this here - I’m the programmer of Estlcam. If you have any questions just ask me)

Christian

1 Like

+1 for F-Engrave!!! I used it quite a bit before I decided to take the plunge and purchase VCarve for its additional capabilities.

1 Like

I see your software says “Estlcam 2D / 3D CAM and CNC Controller” Does that mean it sends the gcode directly? Or does it need something like UGS?

V-carving in Easel. those interested comment on this post so the team can see the level of interest!: V-carving in Easel - #36 by JeffPopa

Hi,

both it possible:

• It can be used as CAM to create g-code files for external control software like GRBL with UGS.
  • Or you can use it as CAM and CNC Controller to control the machine directly:
    (But it is not a g-code sender for GRBL - Estlcam uses its own firmware for the Arduino)

Christian