Wood signs

what the hell did i just watch?

you watched how cakes are cut! lol

@AngusMcleod

what do you think of this angus

and angus where where an engineer in you former life correct?

Laser light
Lasers produce radiation, more commonly referred to as light, with unique properties that
distinguish laser-produced light from light from more familiar sources such as the sun or
common domestic lamps. Domestic lamps emit light that is highly divergent, i.e., that
spreads out almost equally in all directions from the lamp. This light has many different
wavelengths (colours), which together give the characteristic colour of the lamp. In contrast,
a laser produces light in a very narrow wavelength band, so narrow that the laser is
referred to as a monochromatic (one colour), or single wavelength, source. Lasers can also
produce a very narrow beam that diverges little. This low divergence means that laser light
is highly directional, forming a pencil-like beam and appears as a small spot when shone
onto a surface, even at distances of hundreds of metres. As a consequence, high power
lasers can be hazardous to the eye over considerable distances. Because laser light is
monochromatic and basically low-divergent, the beam is better focused by the lens of the
eye than any other light source, thus producing images on the retina with much greater
intensities than is possible with domestic lamps.

source: WHO

lol thats why I always like your answers on post because they are technical what I would give to have an engineer on staff

do you do any freelance software development on the side?

and that really neat about the old computers lol way before my time but just think if you took that money and instead of buying a Nascom you bought into the apple corp I believe they where still in there garage at that time

haha I agree with you there sir!

I don’t think you should eat a laser, but using one to cut/engrave food would be fine as long as you’re not also cutting something unsafe. Don’t cut your cookies on a PVC wasteboard.

1 Like

My wife is a cancer freak. She thinks that any food that is cooked with fire is carcinogenic. I told her that my ancestors spent thousands of years fighting their way to the top of the food chain and I’m going to grill most of my meat caveman-style. Which is probably why she’ll outlive me, but I’m okay with that at this point…

3 Likes

Saw this this morning.

Not uncommon, most men pass on a little earlier than their women…by choice :smile:

2 Likes