X axis help

well thought i was close to being fixed all of these shapes was running great then i tried rectangles going left to right and right to left and back to jumping around and chatter

ok got a fish scale and re did all my belts to 4 4 1/2 lbs at 1 inch

still no go i even tightened up top vwheels an let the bottom ones be a finger loose cut a section 6 inches by 1.25 at 0.26944 micrometer show cut at 0.2695 in all corners 90 ipm .08 1/4 dc bit…loosing my mind the bottom of the cut is perfectly smooth no marks or lines or difference in height.

I’m telling you, I think the y axis stiffening is probably your next best bet. I think it’s the y rails flexing from the force against them while it goes side to side. I added 2 brackets on each side. If I did it again, I would probably do 4. Maybe a bit overkill but even 2 on each seemed to improve it quite a bit.

ill give it a shot cant hurt lol done almost everything else

1 Like

ill probly do 4 just becuase its so cheap

it was working fine before he upgraded his Z right? So , is it the additional weight over the stock Z that would cause it to flex now?

If things have changed, would focus on the change to the machine?

it did it before but not as bad i dont remember it jumping around so much now i wanted this zaxis to fix the problem an now its still here but seems worse and iv done evrything i can think fo to fix it lossen tightened adjusted not making sense it works perfectly all directions except left to right and right to left even cuts smooth

just ran it at 60 ipm which i could handle with stock axis now its jumping and chatter insane

well i did your mod i put 3 on each side one in front middle and back so total of 6 it helped alot but stil jumping i even took belt off re did v wheels everything so back to square one

all of the lines run great just not left to right right to left makes no sense

Unfortunately, I don’t think you’ll ever fully get rid of it, especially with a hobby cnc like the x carve. I think the biggest issue here is rigidity in the entire unit. The best that could be done is minimizing it at much as possible. You still have to deal with the bit flexing and the largest we can go is 1/4” with the dw611.