X axis help

i really do appreciate the help im giving it a try now

i have no clue now it doesnt seem to run any better loose or tight

just tried 1/8 dc bit at .0625 same result ill have to run into town for that fish scale i cant believe how off this thing is i was just cutting stuff not even 2 weeks ago

ill have to wait on tamming the tool my dad brought from his cnc equipment isnt here atm

ok ill give that a shot i do apologize for not being more understanding in this machine and thanks for everyone’s ideas and patience

Have you done the L Bracket stiffening mod for your Y Axis yet? That should help with the chattering as well. I know a lot of people have done in (including myself) and has reduced chattering quite a bit (not completely)

up an dwon and even angles dont do it its only left to right to left more so right to left…no i havnt done the y axis mod is there a link?..i dont mind a little chatter but this is like a shaking with chatter my vids up above show it better than ic an explain

Just adding, set step over to 80% vs default 40%. Wider track provide better “data” :slight_smile:

One can also make a tramming tool on the cheap, I took a 5" long wooden stick, drilled two 6mm holes on either side and pushed two 6mm end mills into it. One push up, the other down. The “Up-bit” go into the router and you now have a 8" span to check evenness :slight_smile:

ok switching to 80% this time

Here is the link:

ok that was the best run yetpretty much not chatter ima try 40% again real quick

any way you can do a 40% video vs 80% video… im curious to see

i have x controller not sure on steppers whatever came with the 1000 kit

ok is there a picture i really dont think i even touched them

Note that 80% step over wasnt meant to solve chatter, just to aid with tramming your router to the waste board.

If the wheels are overly tight, and the belts are very tight aswell this might assist chatter, no load or full load.

im now uploading vid

1 Like

k thanks

thats what they have here is myn

does my z need to be in 8xmicro steping as well?

the little gray dots are poitning in the 2 oclock area