X-Carve at Rockler

We’ll have to get a replacement chair to them. I see that in the picture.

1 Like

There are thousands upon thousands of YouTube videos about different woodworking and CNC projects but it is really hard to narrow down to what you are looking for. It would be great to see a different/unique project bi-monthly performed live that might trigger the creative mind of younger individuals getting into custom cnc wood making hobby.
For example:

• Take an off the shelf picture frame and add a name plate to personalize it
  • Taking multiple 1x4 boards and glueing them together to prepare for carve
  • Carving out an inlay
  • Two sided carving
  • Finishing techniques
  • Custom clock face layout in easel
    Understandably there are a lot of forum threads and YouTube videos on these topics but sometimes it is easier to comprehend live and able to ask questions. Thinking about it more as I write this. . . Might just be easier to do Wednesday Night carving with @Zach_Kaplan series that has question and answers.
    Based on the 2 employees I talked to at the Milwaukee store. There is only 1 employee (that wasn’t working at the time I was there last week) who is the Knowledge Master of the machine. He has one at home for several months. Other employees are “Learning”

Have you seen our live classes?
https://www.inventables.com/collections/29

May I suggest taking a look at my YouTube Channel. I recently started doing videos for new people to the CNC world. You got some excellent ideas on videos that I can do to help in your quest. Here is the link

If you ask questions in the comments I will do my best to answer any question you have that was discussed in the video. I reply to all comments

I think you question may have been directed at me.
I originally had a piranha but out grew the work area in about 20 minutes.
Sold it for a little less than what I had into it when the xcarve was announced , bought the xcarve and have never regretted it.

1 Like

How many people on this forum are near the Milwaukee store? I’ve been up there twice and both times I have met customers that already own the X-Carve and one of the employees there owns the machine.

I was thinking maybe we could have a meet up at the store.

The other staff at the store are eager to learn more about the machine. We’ve done a couple of workshops. Some of the staff has a background in more traditional woodworking.

The 4 stores that have X-Carves are:

1. Milwaukee
  2. Schaumburg
  3. Orland Park
  4. Bolingbrook

I’d be open to a meet up at any or all of them if there was enough interest.

2 Likes

If I’m off, I would be there in Milwaukee.

I wish I didnt live 9 hrs away or I would show up too!

1 Like

I’m about 15 minutes from the Milwaukee store and would definitely come unless I’m out of town for some reason.

I am down in Milwaukee during the week… would love to meet up?!?

Yeah but at least you wouldn’t be alone. I’d be in there too.

1 Like

I live in Sydney, Australia. Let me know when, and I will be there in 24 hours :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Is the price at rockler and the web site the same ?

Have Rockler open a store in New Orleans, put in the X Carve. Come visit, I’ll be there! That shouldn’t be too hard. What do you think?

2 Likes

OK I’m going to email the store managers to see if we can figure out a date for the meetups.

1 Like

Houston is the closest store to me. That’s too far. You got to get one opened in New Orleans. Lol. Good luck

1 Like

I think the only way you will ever see me is in my videos. Looks like I will never meet you because New Orleans store will never happen. Lol

Maybe we should open Inventables stores?

5 Likes

Yes. Awesome idea!!