X-carve keeps randomly stopping mid carve

I am having a weird issue where my x-carve will begin to run and seem to be working and operating fine but them randomly throughout the process it will just randomly stop and give me a screen that I’d assume is telling me the job is complete (I’m unsure because I’m attempting my first job) but it is not. This has happened with 3 separate try’s.

My setup is running from my 2020 MacBook Pro to a usb-c to usb connector and then machine usb to machine controller.

I appreciate your assistance in advance!

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You have been bothered with the achilles heel of GRBL-based CNC’s, the USB link.
Most likely picking up noise from somewhere in your system, interrupting the link which causes this behaviour. You can send Inventables a report of failure by clicking “No it wasnt successful”.

Read through this earlier post for more specific how-2’s

Did this ever get resolved? my machine gets about 20% into the project and just shuts down. the screen goes to the prompt that says project complete, how did we do? just trying to figure out if its a cable issue or something worse and more expensive

Hi Erik, welcome to the Forum!

the issue you’ve described is a result of the USB disconnecting which could be a cable related issue, but it is also often caused by some settings on the PC. Specifically the sleep and power saving settings as well as the screen saver and a more hidden setting called “USB Selective Suspend” which MUST be set to “disabled” so I put together a little guide on how to find and disable this setting…

thanks, but I have a mac

1 Like

i should add, dont know if it will help. the previous router i had installed worked just fine, the problems only started once I switched out routers. same router, makita as used in the original install.

1 Like