X-Carve spindle acting weird

If that is the case, I will continue with what I have and look at the e stop you posted.

1 Like

FOUND A 1/4" END MILL BIT AT HOME DEPOT AND HAVE INSTALLED IT ON MY 611. THIS IS THE FIRST CUT W/611 AND 1/4" BIT.

My 1/8" collet arrived today and I carved the following.

Glad you took a look at the ArtCam Express, for the money I think it is way better than the PhotoVcarve you were playing with.

Just be sure that the ArtCam Express will create Gcode that the X-Carve can use.

Never think about Artcam. Looks like very professional. I have downloaded trial version to see what futures included. Because ArtCam Pro is $7.500.00 and support fee for a year almost another $1.000.00, it says you can add on features to Express. I think there is a catch on it. Wondering how much add on items cost. If it works even close to V-Carve desktop, still good price.

Hey James, glad you’re back on track. One suggestion, push your bit in, don’t leave more then 3/4" out. This time you never have chattering. I’m using that bit from Home Depot for long time with no problems. I wish I can find different sizes from same company.

Yes we are! My X-Carve and DeWalt 611 are at it again. I’m a happy camper!

1 Like

Glad to see you have some success James.

You can speed up your carving time a lot if you use one of your vbits instead of the 1/32 bit. You can just tell Easel that you are using a .03 inch bit, then load the 60 or 30 degree vbit into the 611. That way you can use much faster feed rates (60 inches/min is fine) If you keep the depth of the cut to a tenth of inch or so the 611 can carve it in one pass. So instead of taking 8 hours it would carve it in 6 minutes.

1 Like

Allen, Did as you suggested, here’s the result!

I am glad that worked for you, it feels good when things start to work! Now you need a program like ArtCam express or Vcarve to really make the vbit sing and dance.

I created a little vbit gocde in Vcarve to how you how it can work.

Download the attached file
Load your 30 deg vbit
get a small scrap of wood at least 4 inches wide and 4 inches tall and at least 1 quarter inch thick (there is a half inch free space at top and 1 inch at bottom to clamp)
Open and connect UGS
zero the machine at the bottom left corner
then send the file with UGS

James Test 30 deg vbit on 4 x 4.gcode (219.1 KB)