X-Carve started shipping early - TODAY!

My order date was April 13. UPS pick up was yesterday at 6:30 pm .
I received my xcarve 1000 today at noon!
That’s standard shipping not overnight shipping!!
VERY FAST!! Under 24hours
Thank inventables GREAT JOB!!!

1 Like

I ordered on April 29th so I can’t wait.

1 Like

I agree with SIsco’s comment about motivation,

In prep for my new X-1000 I decided to place it ina corner that was home to my dust collector enclosure.
I got that moved to a different corner of the shop. Which led to getting into the wall to extend the 30 amp circuit to feed it, which led to repositioning my work bench, tool cabinet, drawer unit, etc.

Before I was done (and I still aint) I had seen parts of my shop I havent seen in 5 years or more!

I still have a torsion top work table to build.

I bit the bullet today and ordered mine with extra makerslide and materials to turn it into a 1000X1800

Dave

2 Likes

Well, I’m really hoping this is my week. Apr 24th order date. Original schedule had it last week, and in the update they were a day early…but I guess there may have been a lot more late April orders than originally thought.

Come on shipping notice…I need a sick day or two from work!!

My order was 4/27, and I assume this is the “Week of May 31st” so hopefully we’ll both be good for this week.

@AlanDyke, I’m in the same boat! Ordered April 22.
I don’t think I could have waited this long with any other company out there. I am consistently surprised by how on top of things the inventables team is. You simple don’t see this kind of customer service anywhere else. Hats off to all the guys and gals in Chicago!

1 Like

Thanks everyone. We had a new person start today in the warehouse. Hopefully with the process improvements from last week and another set of hands on deck we can get even more out this week!

3 Likes

Let the Xcarve party begin…will move over to the assembly forums from here on out and will post my process

4 Likes

My X-Carve arrived today by surprise. Usually UPS is great with arrival times, but I never got one. My shipping status was in transit. It showed up at my door without warning. shipped from Inventables on 5/29. Now the fun begins. Kind of glad I was able to keep an eye on the issues everyone found during their assemblies. Thanks for posting them and all the resolutions. Hope my build goes as well.

1 Like

Hi DavidSohlstrom. Could U post all the extra parts ordered to make your 1000X1800.

Thanks

Hi @EbenStrydom,

Check out @DavidSohlstrom’s posts over here:

How big could i make this

Thanks for the help. Did not get all the answers that I was looking for but I must admit I am probably getting a bit ahead of myself. The wife and I are working on a 6 month plan to be able to purchase an x-carve. But I can’t get enough of peoples projects and builds. I see you are in the land of the All Blacks. Shipping must have been a bundle. I will need mine to ship to Cape Town South Africa.

Keep up the great work and all the help. Loving all of it and can’t wait to build my 1000 x 1000 X-Carve.

1 Like

Yeah shipping was a pain and customs took a serious bite.

Hopefully you find yourself with an X-Carve sooner than 6 months.

1 Like

Ordered April 18th begging for my shipping notice :innocent:

Hoping mine will show up soon, UPS has been suggesting I “please check back later.” for delivery dates since it shipped! Argh, it’s making the waiting even worse!

1 Like

@BrianSaban probably Thursdayish. To meet the target for this week it’s almost 2x last week. Since the switching time is the most expensive part of the process we had to do bigger batch sizes…that means more go out at the end of the week. It’s not as lean as we’d like but we need to remove all switching time from the process to get to continuous production.

1 Like

my xcarve is sitting in my living room in boxes while i’m at work… starting to feel sick… might have to go home early :smiley:

1 Like

Oh no, you appear to have contracted CNCitis! Better get that looked at! I hear it can be treated with some time in the shop, and a fistfull of assembly tools. :smiley:

yes i think it can