X-Carve started shipping early - TODAY!

It’s based on when you ordered :sunglasses:

What about those of us picking theirs up? Same time line and is someone gonna contact us to let us know when its ready?

Personally i’ll recommend to use 1/4"-20 insert in place of those M5. That will give you a load of option for mounting and holding option at reduced cost in the USA. Also consider some T-track insert (can be purchase from woodworking sites) that will also expand your option.

Quick question, Is it safe to assume when out individual kit ships that we will receive a tracking number via email? Thanks!

Yup! Our website emails it automatically.

I was thinking exactly the same when I build mine, actually. A lot easier to come by 1/4-20 hardware here than M5s I already am planning to use an engraving bit to mark inch lines on the wasteboard, then mill out the hole diameters for the inserts. Then I’ll just come back and thread 'em in. I actually briefly played with the idea of assembling the X-Carve itself with inch-fractional hardware instead of metric, just to save pain in the butt if I lose a screw or something, but there’s too many bits and pieces to be worth the effort.

That’s a great design!

My impatience is killing me, anyway i can bribe the Inventables shipping team with beer?

3 Likes

Local pick-up kits will fulfilled in the order that they were placed (like all the orders). Someone from the Customer Success team will email you as soon as the kit is ready to be picked up.

Best,
Sam

:scream:

Tracking number received! Kit is on the way. Unfortunately, due to work, I won’t be able to do anything until the weekend.

1 Like

Finally placed my order!

X-Carve shipping day 2! I took a quick photo of a few of the pallets going down to the dock for our UPS pick up. The team has started cranking them out as fast as possible. Monday’s will be a bit slower than other days because we have all the orders for the weekends to crank out. We’ll be right back at it in the morning.

4 Likes

Good lord, man! Now THAT is some shipping right there!

Send that puppy to me and you can take my 18th shipping date

I had no idea there was so much demand for home milling machines! That is excellent. Maybe when there are a 100,000 hobbyist using 3D mills the software cost will start to fall.

1 Like

I know it has only been a couple of days of shipping, but does it feel like you are being able to keep on schedule? Going faster than you initially thought (I hope I hope)? Or slower than you thought?

Looking forward to getting mine. Unfortunately since it took me over a week to convince my wife it was a good idea, I now have to wait until near the end of May to receive mine :frowning:

From the first two days it seems like we are on track to meet the schedule. There are a lot of new processes for us so I’m hoping we will be able to pick up speed as things become more familiar.

5 Likes

The 1000mm Waste Board file link is broken.

You do not have permission to access this page.
The file you requested has been deleted, cannot be found or you do not have access.

Here is a fixed one… A Fond Farewell to GrabCAD Workbench - GrabCAD Blog

1 Like

Thanks. I updated the other links. Try them now.

Oh man! Received my shipping notification today. It’s happening! :smile: